Refit mode

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Daveion Steel

Refit mode

Post by Daveion Steel »

Playing against the AI on a dificult setting 1941 campaign and I have just hit mud season, so pulled back my PZ corps a bit and set them to refit. The PZ divisions are in pretty bad shape with almost half at less than 70 tanks while the remainder have barely 100.
There are plenty in the pool but they just do not get delivered to the front during the clear weather weeks while I am atacking.

After three mud turns with my PZ divs on refit barely 250 tanks have been delivered to front line units.

I have a total of 577 med tanks in the pool just sitting there after three weeks of refitting and I need these tanks in front line units for the snow offensive.

I suspect someone might say it is better to have fewer tanks because then your mobile units will have a greater range due to less fuel needs, but blah to that :)

How do you get those tanks delivered?
is it because I have been using rail movement to much to move my troops about the map from army group and railing in my reinforcements which often times leave my rail capacity at just a few thousand.

I noticed in the Editor that each unit has a 'LOAD COST', how relevant is that to the AI hauling supplies and weapons to the front line? If this is subject to how much the AI can move supplies and weapons to the front then I think I will use Rail movement much less.
Disgruntled Veteran

RE: Refit mode

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

Are you on the rail? Being thats its mud it will be terribly difficult to field replacements and bring in supplies. Try moving a panzer division to a converted rail hex and it should swell pretty close to 100% Hard to say otherwise.
Daveion Steel

Post by Daveion Steel »

Not actually on the Rail, but most are within ten hexes and all are in supply.

I'll rewind a few saves and see if that makes a differance
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

Remember that mud reduces the distance to five hexes or less . . .
Daveion Steel

Post by Daveion Steel »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

Remember that mud reduces the distance to five hexes or less . . .

Remember that I said that 'all are in supply'.

I understand that MUD and differant weather states effect supply, and is why I moved every PZ DIV at the end of turn 17 into a better position, along with HQ's so that all my mobile divisions would be behind the front line and in complete supply.

I do however remember something about a ten hex rule? something about having to be ten hex's behind the front lines and on top of an active rail to actually get 100% refit bonus, but I could have just imagined that? And that a further bonus would effect if that HEX was also a city hex, but I think I might be confused with Blizzard weather and such?

o7

Schmart

Post by Schmart »

ORIGINAL: Daveion Steel
I do however remember something about a ten hex rule? something about having to be ten hex's behind the front lines and on top of an active rail to actually get 100% refit bonus, but I could have just imagined that? And that a further bonus would effect if that HEX was also a city hex, but I think I might be confused with Blizzard weather and such?

The 10 hex rule is for recovering morale. A unit must be 10 or more hexes away from an enemy unit in order to get a morale benifit when in refit mode.
Daveion Steel

Post by Daveion Steel »

ORIGINAL: Schmart

ORIGINAL: Daveion Steel

The 10 hex rule is for recovering morale. A unit must be 10 or more hexes away from an enemy unit in order to get a morale benifit when in refit mode.

Thats right, I remember that now you reminded me. I have tried numerous ways now and it appears that there is no way I can actually increase panzer (tank) replacements during bad weather turns, no matter where I have my units behind the front line and in full supply.

I have even gone to the extent of testing via the editor and increasing German rail to 50% more than standard and this makes no visual differance to me at all.

Schmart

Post by Schmart »

It may also be that many of the tanks in the pool are deemed to be of the obselete variety (out of production), in which case the computer is reluctant to send them to units. When in refit mode the computer is also looking to upgrade tanks, so if there aren't many newer models in the pool refit will do little for tank numbers.
Daveion Steel

Post by Daveion Steel »

I agree there are some, but the majority are those that are in full production.
I am playing with the latest Beta patch, but I have had this issue in the past. seems to me that you can only really refit a division as a priority if you have clear weather.
Schmart

Post by Schmart »

I think manpower can also effect equipment replacements, as guns and tanks need a crew so if your manpower levels are low, there may be equipment in the pool but not enough manpower to crew it and send it to the front.

Return to “The War Room”