[REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

jpinard

RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era

Post by jpinard »

Which file should we be using for the latest version of Legends? The Shackturi one from the original post?
Thanks! [;)]
Igard

Post by Igard »

jpinard, the latest is The Picard Era 0.9.2. It's the first link on the original post.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately folks. Trying to busy myself with other things and hope that I can push myself to work more on this and the Kirk era. [:)]
HectorOfTroy

Post by HectorOfTroy »

ORIGINAL: Igard

jpinard, the latest is The Picard Era 0.9.2. It's the first link on the original post.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately folks. Trying to busy myself with other things and hope that I can push myself to work more on this and the Kirk era. [:)]

Doooo iiit, doooo iiiit Igard!
Brainsucker

Post by Brainsucker »

I don't know about how powerful modding support that we have in Legend, but say, can we modded the tech? If no then I have nothing to say. But, if yes, then I think this mod could re-balance the tech a bit. What I means with re-balance is that the special tech that now become a choice-able tech for everyone. They are too powerful that make me to avoid the other techs
Igard

Post by Igard »

Brainsucker, we can't mod tech yet unfortunately. If I could I would change lots of things.[:)]
McMike

Post by McMike »

It is planned that the technologies can be edited?

When can we expect the version 1.0 ?
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: McMike

It is planned that the technologies can be edited?

I don't know if there are plans to make tech modable. I hope Elliot will do it, but it's been a wish for a very long time now.

When can we expect the version 1.0 ?

I haven't done much else to this mod, so there wouldn't be any real changes in a 1.0 version. I had plans to put something special in the 1.0 version. [;)]

Right now, I'd rather wait until we see what mod support the next expansion will bring.

Perhaps there will be an announcment by the devs this weekend.....
McMike

Post by McMike »

Thanx for the infos Igard. It is possible to make each race have their own real home system? I dont like it when I start with the Federation in the Cardassia system...I look forward to this special in Version 1.0.

lg mike
Igard

Post by Igard »

Unfortunately, it's still not possible to have the races start every game in their home systems.

It's top of the list on the Modder's wishlist thread. It really is one of those things that should've been done long ago.[:)]
Brainsucker

Post by Brainsucker »

I think this mod lack of one starship image. That is USS Stargazer of the Constelation Class; Picard's first ship. Because this is Picard Era, and Picard Era started from his leadership of USS Stargazer.
Brainsucker

Post by Brainsucker »

I have a question about Federation of Planets. How would I get Sisko? Because I have played for some times, and I never got him, but always get Vice Admiral Nechayev in all my games.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Brainsucker

I have a question about Federation of Planets. How would I get Sisko? Because I have played for some times, and I never got him, but always get Vice Admiral Nechayev in all my games.
Hello Brainsucker. Since I assisted Igard with the characters for this mod I'll step in and answer this one for you.
In the Customization\Star Trek Picard Era\characters directory, locate and open the 'human' character file using Notepad and find Captain Sisko's data line in the file under the Admiral's section.

3, Captain Sisko, 4, Captain Benjamin Sisko fed_admiral.png, Human, 29, 14, 31, 16, 34, 11, 39, 9, 21, 49, 51

Notice the first number I have in boldface (3). Change this number to 0 (Zero) if you want Sisko available at the start of the game. otherwise change it to 1 (one). This will allow Captain Sisko to
appear either in all of your games (if set to 0) or randomly much more often if set to 1. Hope this
helps! Happy Trekking! [:D]

Attachments
BenjaminS.._Admiral.jpg
BenjaminS.._Admiral.jpg (15.61 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Igard

Post by Igard »

Nechayev appears quite early on in the game. There are around 20 federation admirals, and Sisko should appear before half way through the lot.

Build lots of fleets and you should get him after around the 10th admiral. [:)]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
Hello Brainsucker. Since I assisted Igard with the characters for this mod I'll step in and answer this one for you.
In the Customization\Star Trek Picard Era\characters directory, locate and open the 'human' character file using Notepad and find Captain Sisko's data line in the file under the Admiral's section.

3, Captain Sisko, 4, Captain Benjamin Sisko fed_admiral.png, Human, 29, 14, 31, 16, 34, 11, 39, 9, 21, 49, 51

Notice the first number I have in boldface (3). Change this number to 0 (Zero) if you want Sisko available at the start of the game. otherwise change it to 1 (one). This will allow Captain Sisko to
appear either in all of your games (if set to 0) or randomly much more often if set to 1. Hope this
helps! Happy Trekking! [:D]

Hey EHSumrell...
Apart from a warning since all my Corellian Ale is gone...
Is that number a probability or is it an order of appearance?
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
Hey EHSumrell...

That's the order of appearance. You can list multiple characters with the same order of appearance number so that they randomise a little bit. So any character with a '0' will be present at the start of game, characters with a '1' will appear before characters with '2', then '3' and so on.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Hey EHSumrell...

That's the order of appearance. You can list multiple characters with the same order of appearance number so that they randomise a little bit. So any character with a '0' will be present at the start of game, characters with a '1' will appear before characters with '2', then '3' and so on.

Hey EHSumrell...

TJ....That's why 'Romulan Ale' is worth more on the Galactic Markets (...and DATA'S radar) [:D]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
Hey EHSumrell...

TJ....That's why 'Romulan Ale' is worth more on the Galactic Markets (...and DATA'S radar) [:D]

Do not flatter yourself... we use Romulan Ale as draino in our galaxy [:D]

<== We will drink a round of both at your party soon, my friend. [8D]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

That is what I thought.
I am struggling to figure out why one of my characters is not showing up...

I must admit, now that I am really testing this mod in the DW game, I am seeing the really cool features in DW. This has been a real blast...
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

<== We will drink a round of both at your party soon, my friend. [8D]

Better order security for some freighter shipments TJ, it's gonna be a BIG party this year. You should see all the Galactic permits I must apply for! [:)]

{Don't forget what Data did to Igard's Cargo Bay at my party last year! He even had his security guard assassinated!} [:-]
Cruis.In

RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2

Post by Cruis.In »

is this hosted anywhere else? the link at thing is broken. gamefront

Return to “Design and Modding”