questions

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

topeverest

questions

Post by topeverest »

I have noticed that in the most recent official patch that when I attempt to do emergency repairs in small ports, especially when there are no ENG present, High and Critical priority repair estimates can take longer than normal repairs. Is the WAD?

Additionally, I periodically see where DD's are in transport TF's, their cruise speed is changed to their maximum speed. Am I the only one who sees that?

Andy M
Ginetto

RE: questions

Post by Ginetto »

I just played the Marianas Islands scenario. Did well but lost miserably because I didn't withdraw certain units when called for.

1. WHERE is the list of units to be withdrawn in thescenarios?

2. HOW do you go about doing it?

[&:]
Gino
LoBaron

RE: questions

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: topeverest

I have noticed that in the most recent official patch that when I attempt to do emergency repairs in small ports, especially when there are no ENG present, High and Critical priority repair estimates can take longer than normal repairs. Is the WAD?

Additionally, I periodically see where DD's are in transport TF's, their cruise speed is changed to their maximum speed. Am I the only one who sees that?

I noticed this with the latest official patch and older already. It might be an effect due to repair point allocation. IIRC increasing the repair priority increases the repair point (Alfred used a sensational naming convention for that in the 101 repair guide, but I forgot) demand. Logically, if the demand increase supercedes the available repair capacity, the repair time could increase. This is jsut a theory though, don´t know for sure.

No idea about the DDs, have only now installed the latest beta and am still unaware of all the undiscovered greatnesswhich lies before me. [:D]

@Ginetto: Welcome to the forums! I suggest you open a new thread in case you got questions. For gameplay questions the war room or general discussion forums would be appropriate. Thanks! [:)]

As for your questions:
1) When in the Intelligence window, select 'withdrawals'. You then can display all air, naval, and land units scheduled for withdrawal. For naval units there is a second option, which is very handy: Enter the 'list all active ships' menu from the top menu bar. Then select 'Ships withdrawing withing 90 days'. Through this list you can either directly select the ship itself, or the TF it is part of.

2) Land units do not need to be withdrawn, they disappear automatically. As for naval units: there is only a single ship to be withdrawn in your scenario: SS Stingray. Send her back to PH before withdrawal date, and disband her in port. You can then withdraw the sub by entering the ship screen and selecting 'withdraw'. Finally for air units, simply select the unit to be withdrawn (doesn´t really matter where it is currently located) and select either 'withdraw', or if this button is unavailable 'disband'.

Return to “Tech Support”