I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

morvael

I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what?

Post by morvael »

From the manual:
Though any headquarters unit can be relocated multiple times in a turn, relocation is generally only advised for isolated headquarters units you want to get out of a pocket immediately instead of waiting for the unit to be involuntarily displaced by enemy units.

Thanks for the tip, I killed Zhukov on turn 1 of my first ever PBEM. Will be interesting to see how the war goes without the man.

:)
turtlefang

RE: I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what?

Post by turtlefang »

I get the feeling - although I haven't run any test - that your leaders have a better chance to survive an involuntary displacement that a voluntary displacement. So I usually wait for the over run if I want to save a leader.

Note that I don't know if this is true, its just an impression I've gotten as it seems that I have lost a lot of voluntary displaced leaders. And this seems counter intuitive. I would have thought a voluntary would give you a better chance to live. But again, it maybe my bad luck.

In any case, good luck!!
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, that's my feeling too, there were no KIAs from many displacements, but 3 out of 4 relocations resulted in leader death. Also, quite interesting thing - the game engine managed to fly Zhukov into a pocketed HQ on the death of it's previous general to appoint him the army's leader and a moment later kill him during second relocation...

My fault is that I clicked relocate too fast upon seeing the HQ was still in bad position, while Zhukov was put in charge.

So I started this thread as a warning to other players.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

If I have to displace one, I find some doofus to take command first.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

I will have to remember that one - never even entered my mind.

Sneaky fellow there, Aurelian.

Return to “The War Room”