LCU withdrawal

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jmalter

LCU withdrawal

Post by jmalter »

i get 2 different blue msgs on the LCU screen for units scheduled to withdraw, one sez 'withdraw in N days', t'other sez 'withdraw from theater in N days'.

is there any functional difference? say, in the 2nd case, if i ship the unit from WestCoast to a SoPac base, does that fulfill the 'withdraw from theater' req'ment?

Bullwinkle58

RE: LCU withdrawal

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

So far as I know it's a notificaiton, not an offer or an order.
The Moose
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

hi moose!

just found it in the whatsnew1117beta.pdf - New Feature #37, "out of theater" means the LCU's devices are lost when the unit withdraws, equiv to an * following the unit name in the Ground Withdrawal screen.

NB this pdf is a comprehensive list of all the beta-changes, not just those for 1117.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: jmalter

hi moose!

just found it in the whatsnew1117beta.pdf - New Feature #37, "out of theater" means the LCU's devices are lost when the unit withdraws, equiv to an * following the unit name in the Ground Withdrawal screen.

NB this pdf is a comprehensive list of all the beta-changes, not just those for 1117.

Ah. That's a biggie for some units. Thanks, I did not know.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”