[REL][BETA][Shad] Kirk Era - Star Trek Beta 1

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Cmcastl

RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek

Post by Cmcastl »

Many, many thanks for the Star Trek Mod, Igard. I updated to the Shakturi game just for this MOD!

Important question, please. I have also downloaded but not yet installed the Legacy expansion. Will the Kirk MOD work with this, too?

Live long and prosper.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Hi Cmacstl. Welcome to the forums. Glad you like.[:)]

No, unfortunately I still haven't got round to updating this for legends yet. Kirk era will probably be the next though. [:)]

Jolan Tru.
Data

Post by Data »

Welcome to the community, Cmcastl. You can trust his word, this particular romulan is surprinsingly honorable [:)]
Peace and long life.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Cmcastl

Post by Cmcastl »

Thanks for the response, Igard and Data. Absolutely no problem; I just wanted to know. The Legacy extension can remain inactive for the moment. I am happy to play the MOD with the Shakturi expansion until the Legacy-compatible one is ready, either with the Kirk MOD and/or the proposed Picard one. I trust in due course you will let us know when these MODs are Legacy-compatible.

I am a bit of afficionado of Star Trek MODs for space strategy games and I relish trying yours out. :)

Live long and prosper.
jpinard

RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.2

Post by jpinard »

Will this work OK if I have Shakturi stuff checked and the other stuff unchecked and run it as a customized extension?
Igard

Post by Igard »

Hey jpinard. It won't work unless you have Return of the Shakturi only. I'm working on a Legends release, but it's very difficult to create characters the way things stand. The Picard Era kind of burnt me out with its 1000+ characters!

I've got it running with Legends, so if there is enough interest, I'll release a beta without characters.

Would anyone want that though?

The alternative for now is to install a seperate version of Distant Worlds Return of the Shakturi (don't install Legends).
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: Igard

I've got it running with Legends, so if there is enough interest, I'll release a beta without characters.

Would anyone want that though?

Igard, let first say I love your mods...

Now to make you suffer, as many of us have done to the developers, WE WANT IT, WE WANT IT NOW!!!
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

I wouldn't care if there's not many characters at all.

Also, are you to updating Picard era to include Borg? Once again, beyond the leader many of us wouldn't mind not having any special characters, just want the race and the ships.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

I made a booboo. It wasn't Kirk era I wanted updated it was the other mod you did that had a ton of uniqe races in it. Star Trek TRSE mod. You did that one right?
Demiurge13

Post by Demiurge13 »

Well I for one do want kirk era updated lol. I love the tos era. Plus I'm in the mood for playing in that era as I've been watching all the remastered tos episodes again and reading star trek vanguard books (awesome series by the way).

I actually tried to do a seperate install with just rots. But now only that one launches and when I try to get back into my install with legends i get an error. I'm guessing this game doesn't allow for multiple seperate installs? If thats the case then we need that kirk era updated lol.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

In theorey you should install rots and copy the folder. Rename it completly. After that install Legends on the main folder. Now put Kirk into the main folder and Picard in the other.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: jpinard

I made a booboo. It wasn't Kirk era I wanted updated it was the other mod you did that had a ton of uniqe races in it. Star Trek TRSE mod. You did that one right?

I did indeed update that one. It's no longer the TRSE mod, it's now known as The Picard Era.

Demiurge13, as Nedrear says, it should work. I'm not sure what I did, but I've had seperate installs on my system for a while now. Just tested and they're both still working.
Shepard1707

Post by Shepard1707 »

Hmmm...

I'm enjoying using this quite a lot. :) I would observe, though, that there's a distinct lack of Khan Noonien Singh.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Ha Ha! Thanks Shepard, I'm not sure how I would put Khan in the mod. Maybe make his own faction?
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Ha Ha! Thanks Shepard, I'm not sure how I would put Khan in the mod. Maybe make his own faction?
Great idea Igard! Remember that in "Enterprise", Archer had to deal with the "Augments" and the
Botany Bay was referenced in one of the episodes. So in sticking to canon for the 'Kirk era', you
and I would just need to create the Augment faction with Khan as the leader, and add supporting
characters and dialog. Along your previous lines, you could 'touch up' a generic shipset for
them (since they usually STOLE everything anyway, that's their MO). We could do it!

(....I now re-cloak and return to the safety of the Briar patch to await Igard's return hail)
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Igard

Post by Igard »

Knowing Khan, I don't think they would call themselves the Augments. I think the Khan Empire or something similar. Mind you it definately wouldn't be canon! [:D]
Shepard1707

Post by Shepard1707 »

Bah... any time I run homebrew Trek games, the Augments always sneakily survive somehow anyway. :p
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Mind you it definitely wouldn't be canon! [:D]

My bad.....I forgot about that "Roddenberry" streak you Romulans have! [:D]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Knowing Khan, I don't think they would call themselves the Augments. I think the Khan Empire or something similar. Mind you it definately wouldn't be canon! [:D]

So how far along are we on this one?
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

So how far along are we on this one?

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the start and 10 being completion.

I'd say.....

Zero!

That's the whole Khan faction thing. I've been playing around with the rest of the mod. Not ready yet though, still carrier images missing. Sorry haven't got around to it yet.

Haven't done much recently. I'm kind of waiting for an announcement on the new expansion. I feel like it might be a better use of my time to plan for things to come, rather than make a mod for this version that will be obsolete in a couple of short months.

It is a shame, but it all comes down to the character modding. Just takes too long to build a database of character stats and images to go with them.

Return to “Design and Modding”