Support Tools

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ChadS

Support Tools

Post by ChadS »

Hello!

I've seen several support tools (Tracker, for example), and I'm wondering, is there somewhere that you can get info on format of the save files? As a software developer, I'd be interested in seeing what data is in there, and if there's anything I'd like to pull out and look at.

Thanks!

Chad S
Chad S.
witpqs

RE: Support Tools

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: ChadS

Hello!

I've seen several support tools (Tracker, for example), and I'm wondering, is there somewhere that you can get info on format of the save files? As a software developer, I'd be interested in seeing what data is in there, and if there's anything I'd like to pull out and look at.

Thanks!

Chad S
There's bad news and good news. The save games are encrypted, as an anti-cheating measure for PBMs. The good news, the Tracker guys have signed a non-disclosure agreement with Matrix. Tracker uses the .dll from AE to read the files (although it still only reads your side, using your PBM password which you put in the config file). You can read the Tracker DB (which does not break FOW because they can only access your accessible stuff from the save game) however with whatever you like. They mentioned that in the Tracker thread and IIRC a couple of people said they do so.
ChadS

RE: Support Tools

Post by ChadS »

Thanks for the info. Good to know about the file being encrypted. I had wondered about that. I'm playing a game in Vassal right now, where I'm pretty sure one of the guys is "cheating" by doing a look ahead or something. The game uses cards, and he seems to always make the most advantageous move just before the "end of phase" card pops up....

I'll take a look at the Tracker output, and see if I can find the stuff I'm (sort of) looking for. It may be that I just don't know enough about tracker yet...

Regards!
Chad S
Chad S.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”