Panzercorps keeps crashing (CTD)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Benschman

Panzercorps keeps crashing (CTD)

Post by Benschman »

Hi there,

i just bought panzercorps yesterday, its a cool game, but it keeps crashing in the norwegian szenario. This happens randomly, sometimes at the first turn, next time maybe on the 5 or 8 turn.
I already renamed the audio folder, there is no audio then, but it does not resolve my problem.

Also, i had to download Version 1.10 from an external link, because the autoupdater won't work for me. It d/ls the file, then says there was some kind of problem and starts downloading again. (It does not explain what kind of problem)

First i thought there is a problem with the V 1.00 savegames, so i deleted them and started over. Same problem.

So, what to do now?

OS is Win7 64 bit. Latest drivers are installed.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Ben
VPaulus

RE: Panzercorps keeps crashing (CTD)

Post by VPaulus »

Is it only with Norway scenario?

Is the crash after an ambush?
Benschman

Post by Benschman »

Hi,

no, it always happens after i hit the "End Round" Button. And no again, i tried the soviet campaign, the first scenario is just fine, in the second the game crashes after a few turns.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I'd say re-download the game and re-install, and make *sure* you have turned off your anti virus scanner because I suspect that might be the evil do-er in this case. 
Benschman

Post by Benschman »

Hmm, okay. I just switched my A/V Software to another, i will test this, and if that fails, i will reinstall the game.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

And is it always after playing more than one scenario without exiting to Windows?
Benschman

Post by Benschman »

Ok guys, thanks for your help, the issue seems to solved.

What i did:

After installing a new A/V Software, the problem was still there. So i deleted everything, used CCleaner, and reinstalled it. The Autoupdater isn't working for me, so i d/ld (again) V 1.10 from 4players. I installed it on my SSD (C:), not like before.

Well, i can say its working right now. BUT, the only thing thats really different, is i'm playing with the "undo" Button enabled. I always disabled it before. I will test this another day, to see if that was the cause.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Return to “Tech Support”