Moving naval units

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

moet

Moving naval units

Post by moet »

Let say I want to move a naval unit toward an adjacent sea zone. I left-click on the unit and the fleet management window appears, which is very surprising. There is a "Move Fleet" button on this window, but it seems to be used to transfer naval unit to another fleet, not to move a naval unit toward a sea zone. Anyway, although I click on this button (the window closes) and click on the sea zone destination (the window reappears with the "Move Fleet" button yellowed), my naval unit doesn't seem to catch the movement order.
How do we simply move a naval unit or fleet from one sea zone to another?
Rasputitsa

RE: Moving naval units

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: moet
Let say I want to move a naval unit toward an adjacent sea zone. I left-click on the unit and the fleet management window appears, which is very surprising. There is a "Move Fleet" button on this window, but it seems to be used to transfer naval unit to another fleet, not to move a naval unit toward a sea zone. Anyway, although I click on this button (the window closes) and click on the sea zone destination (the window reappears with the "Move Fleet" button yellowed), my naval unit doesn't seem to catch the movement order.
How do we simply move a naval unit or fleet from one sea zone to another?

The fleets management box has two sections, the upper section lists the fleets in a sea zone, or port, as you select these fleets in the top section you will see what ship groups are in each fleet, as shown in the lower section. Although the ship groups are often given the name of a ship, they actually represent groups of ships, including smaller support vessels, such as destroyers.

You can click 'create fleet' in the top box, rename the fleet if you want and then, from the lower box, you can transfer ship groups (the ship groups can also be renamed) into, or out of fleets.

When you have organised which ship groups you want in each fleet, you can then use the 'move fleet' control in the top box, it will highlight the sea zones, or ports, that are within range and by clicking on the chosen zone the fleet will move there. The original fleet box from the original sea zone will then show again after the move, in case you want to move more fleets, if you don't want a further move, just close the box.

The main thing is that you allocate one, or more, groups of ships to each fleet, then you move the fleets. If you take all the groups out of a fleet it will simply cease to exist. Obviously, if you want to combine particular ship groups into a particular fleet, they must be in the same sea zone, or port, or you must put them into a holding fleet and send them there, to be re-organised. This is also the time to allocate commanders.

I am using a graphic from the earlier game SoP, which shows up the sea zone and ports better.[:)]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3172402
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
moet

RE: Moving naval units

Post by moet »

My mistake was to click on the sea zone instead of the circle in the center of it. Thanks.

Return to “Time of Fury”