Ot-Burmese spits.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

crsutton

Ot-Burmese spits.

Post by crsutton »

Never heard anything else about the supposedly magical cache of buried spitfires since the initial news broke a few months ago. Anyone heard any news on the status?

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Califvol

RE: Ot-Burmese spits.

Post by Califvol »

Still in the land of fairy tales. Not one spit has been found. Just a WW II file that says where they are "suppose" to be. The guy behind it all is trying to get all the insane number of t's crossed to allow export before he begins the search/recovery. While the article says he has been to Burma at the location undisclosed, it doesn't say he has actually found any Spits at this point. Based on personal experience in recovering items bruied for a long time, IF he finds them, he may find the preservation not quite what he expected. But, heck, till he finds them that's just pure conjecture on my part.

(Of course given my choices I'd hope this guy is 100% correct and all those Spits get recovered. Just doesn't seem likely to me. Most likely to me is that he is probably spot on for location, but will find the wood crates and tar paper rotted away many a year ago and metal parts rusted beyond recovery. None of the articles lead me to believe they were buried for preservation purposes but rather they were buried for destructive purposes in their shipping crates. Meaning anybody's guess as to condtion. However, like I said I do hope he pulls this off.)

See article here from Aug this year:

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/feature ... ember.html
Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am such a special snowflake that others need my knowledge. What…there are like a billion snowflakes? Oh, well isn't that special.
melspence_MatrixForum

Post by melspence_MatrixForum »

Not so sure this story ios reporting progress

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top- ... -31631956/
Mel
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Ah, I thought they were found but in some sort of legal dispute. Shows you how crappy information on the web can be. Sort of like the Ivory Billed Woodpecker.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”