Will I enjoy it if.....

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

towerbooks3192

Will I enjoy it if.....

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Will I enjoy it if I am not a hardcore history buff? Ok I love history and I enjoy watching WW2 documentaries on History channel (unless they show ancient aliens again and thank God pawn stars here is on a different channel)and I am new to hex-based war gaming. My first and only game (that could be considered hardcore aside from panzer general 2) is Advanced Tactics gold.

Will I like this one if I like advanced tactics? and will I like this one if I haven't really read the battles and all the stuff (yet) about WW2 in great detail? (I know the general detail and mostly in the Pacific and the involvement of my country in the war but only the general stuff about the european theatre of operations)

I was planning to get this and I am trying to get some opinions about this game since I am planning to purchase both DC games on Thursday
et ignobiles oblivio
PirateJock

RE: Will I enjoy it if.....

Post by PirateJock »

I haven't played AT so not sure on what the differences are between the two; I've always assumed the approach to gameplay would be similar as same developer. I've got both WtP and Case Blue and enjoy both. I like the hex and counter boardgame feel to both game. The fact that Vic has updated WtP so a lot of the interface improvements from CB have been incorporate is great ... it's also an indication of really good developer support. And as a way of finding out about other WWII theatres, I can't fault it. I'd not really been into the Eastern Front before but since I've been playing CB I've wanted to do a lot of reading about what happened.

Definite thumbs up from me :)

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Thanks mate!

My main concern for games like this is that if I really need to do detail by detail about Fall Weiss and Fall Blau and I won't enjoy it if I don't know that x commander ordered y brigade to attack z city and etc. I mean I love WW2 warfare and my knowledge is only general knowledge and not in depth and I am worried that I won't enjoy it like I enjoy other war games or I have to do an in depth study before fully enjoying it. I don't mind reading more on the coverage of history in the game while playing it and like some people in CB forum says its better that I know only the general details so that I would not try to replay history at the back of my mind while playing scenarios.

Will be getting this tomorrow afternoon
et ignobiles oblivio
henri51

Post by henri51 »

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Thanks mate!

My main concern for games like this is that if I really need to do detail by detail about Fall Weiss and Fall Blau and I won't enjoy it if I don't know that x commander ordered y brigade to attack z city and etc. I mean I love WW2 warfare and my knowledge is only general knowledge and not in depth and I am worried that I won't enjoy it like I enjoy other war games or I have to do an in depth study before fully enjoying it. I don't mind reading more on the coverage of history in the game while playing it and like some people in CB forum says its better that I know only the general details so that I would not try to replay history at the back of my mind while playing scenarios.

Will be getting this tomorrow afternoon

Not knowing the detailed history is not going to make any significant difference to playing or enjoying the game.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”