THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Onime No Kyo

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Bored in Zürich AirPort. WU went shopping. This can't be good.

We have a 6 hour layover in Munich. Anyone know if the airport is within sightseeing distance of the city?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Bored in Zürich AirPort. WU went shopping. This can't be good.

We have a 6 hour layover in Munich. Anyone know if the airport is within sightseeing distance of the city?

I would not do that...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Why not? [&:]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

You might miss the next flight [;)]
You should be able to ride the airport express into the heart of the city. The S1 takes 42 to 46 minutes into the city.
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Historiker

You might miss the next flight [;)]
You should be able to ride the airport express into the heart of the city. The S1 takes 42 to 46 minutes into the city.

Exactly!

You need 1 hour (roughly) to the city and one hour back - that's 2 hours. And you have to be at the airport at least 2 hours before flight. That's 4 hours. And you have just about 6 hours to spare... that's very close...

Leo "Apollo11"

Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Santa Maria! An hour to get to the city? [X(]
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Yes. That is why Bavarian's former prime minister intended to get a maglev there...
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Your tax money well spent, I say. [:'(]
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Yes. That is why Bavarian's former prime minister intended to get a maglev there...

Germans did build Maglev for China for airport-city route (before Olympics 2008)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Germans did build Maglev for China for airport-city route (before Olympics 2008)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Next time I'm in Beijing I'll make sure to speak German to get the doors to open. [:'(]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Totally missed the chance to get Torsten to find me a nice "naked German chicks" calendar for my friend. [:D]
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Next time I'm in Beijing I'll make sure to speak German to get the doors to open. [:'(]

Unfortunately that would not be possible... the Maglev is in Shanghai... [8D]

It was before Olympics 2008:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Maglev_Train

Leo "Apollo11"

Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Oh well. I'll speak German to all the doors anyway. Maybe the word has gotten around. [:D]
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Oh well. I'll speak German to all the doors anyway. Maybe the word has gotten around. [:D]
[:D]

Or maybe you just jump around in front of them. [8D]

Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Totally missed the chance to get Torsten to find me a nice "naked German chicks" calendar for my friend. [:D]

http://www.thelocal.de/gallery/lifestyle/1319/

A Life style magasine...... U prolly met some of them alrdy Yuri...

Rasmus
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Walloc

http://www.thelocal.de/gallery/lifestyle/1319/

A Life style magasine...... U prolly met some of them alrdy Yuri...

Rasmus

I think I should have spent more time in the country. [X(]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

So.....anyone know any comfortable seats at the Munich airport? I'll be here a while. [:(]

WU saw an add for a spa at the airport. I said if she gets that I get one of those Asian massages with a happy ending.

Btw Torsten, the WU has officially changed your nickname to Bavarian Horndog Monster.
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

horndog? [&:]

Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

[X(]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... menon.html
Don't panic! UFO-shaped clouds sweep across sky in Chile

Stunning pictures capture rare saucer-shaped cloud formations that could be mistaken for an alien invasion

Clouds spotted above a mountain range in a national park in Chile

By DailyMail UK

At first glance these images could be mistaken for an imminent alien invasion, but the mysterious 'UFOs' seen floating over a mountain range are in fact clouds.

The rare formations - known as lenticular clouds - have been mistaken for UFOs thanks to their smooth, flying saucer-like shape and orange glow.

The clouds, which form in areas of high altitude, often baffle onlookers and have sparked fears of alien attacks.

Eerie: The rare cloud formations are often mistaken for UFOs because of their saucer-like shape and orange glow:

Despite their sinister appearance, the cloud formations are a natural weather phenomenon created when moist air flows over a mountain or mountain range.

If the temperature in the air drops, the moisture condenses forming a spiral-shaped lenticular cloud.

These stunning pictures were captured in Chile by Russian amateur photographer Dmitry Dubikovskiy while he was travelling with friends.

The 47-year-old was 'euphoric' when he spotted the rare cloud formations in the skies over Torres Del Paine National Park.
'It was a really stunning view,' he said.

'Lenticular clouds always look unusual and against teh light of a sunset they look even more magnificent.

'Whenever I go out for dinner with my friends, they all want to see the pictures and talk about how unique they are.

'I've only seen this sort of phenomenon a few times in my life but each time I see it I think it's amazing,' the photographer added.

'The feeling when I saw the clouds in Chile was similar to euphoria.

'Despite having to be out in the freezing and gusty wind conditions for a few hours to capture these pictures, it was completely worth it when I saw the finished work,' Mr Dubikovskiy said.

Space invasion: The cloud formations were snapped in the skies over Chile's Torres Del Paine National Park:

Spectacular: Amateur photographer Dmitry Dubikovskiy spotted the unusual cloud formations while travelling with friends in Chile:

Leo "Apollo11"

Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

horndog? [&:]

Heightened interest in attractive members of the opposite sex. :P

Return to “The War Room”