ARD Glitch?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Gridley380

ARD Glitch?

Post by Gridley380 »

Playing the latest patch, Babes.

I've got USS Pennsylvania at Truk with some major Flot damage. That's fine, I've got ARDs there. Now Pennsy is a big girl and needs an ABSD. That's fine too, I've got two of 'em disbanded in port along with several smaller ARDs.

The smaller ARDs appear to be a problem. When they're all disbanded in port, Pennsy can't repair (she sat there for months with 59 major flot) - all modes are X'ed for duration. When I put all but the two ABSDs into a TF, she can repair and is slowly healing her flot damage as she should. If I disband the TF with the small ARDs her repair duration goes back to X again (and when I stick the little guys back in the TF repairs resume).

I didn't diagnose this problem until a little while ago so I have no documentation available for this part, but I'm wondering if only a limited number of ARDs can work in a given turn? I had a whole bunch of ships with major flot at Truk and only 2-3 of them seemed to be able to repair major flot at a time despite half a dozen ARDs disbanded in port. If only a few ARDs can be 'active' at a time and the ABSDs were somehow not on the top of the list, that might explain why none of my early efforts to get Pennsy's repairs started ahead of a bunch of xAKs and xAPs were working.

So, questions.

Is this a known bug? If so, what is the ARD limit for a port? Is there any way to tell which ARDs are/will be the 'active' ones?

Any chance of getting this fixed? It would be nice to be able to concentrate my ARDs and still get full benefit from them.

Thanks!
michaelm75au

RE: ARD Glitch?

Post by michaelm75au »

any chance of a save to see what the trouble is?[:D]
Michael
Gridley380

Post by Gridley380 »

I'd love to - but I can't seem to figure out how to upload a file here. Help?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

When you write a post - like this one! - just below the lower left corner of the text bob (the part where you type) is a link that says "Click here to upload!" Clink on it and follow the prompts.

Make sure you put the save file into a .zip file first.
Gridley380

Post by Gridley380 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: Gridley380

When you write a post - like this one! - just below the lower left corner of the text bob (the part where you type) is a link that says "Click here to upload!" Clink on it and follow the prompts.

Make sure you put the save file into a .zip file first.

Ah, missed the zip step! How's this?

Edit to add: Yes, the US Pacific fleet is mostly chilling in Hawaii. I've already achieved auto-victory, so I'm giving the AI a break. Still playing in order to experience late-war Allied units.
Attachments
wpae008.zip
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

There is an overflow issue with picking the best ARD. The 'requiredCapacity' of the ship being repaired is going negative (tonnage over 32K is causing it) and picking a low capacity ARD as the best.
When repairs are applied, the low capacity ARD isn't enough to help the BB repair.

Found another place where this could happen and fixed that also.
Michael
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Thanks for the support!!!!

[&o][&o][&o]
Pax
Gridley380

Post by Gridley380 »

Thank you michaelm (and witpqs for the upload tip)!

And in a patch already - exceptional! You're setting an ever-higher bar for yourself, michaelm!

Return to “Tech Support”