Need confirmation on game mechanics of victory objectives

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

krupp_88mm

Need confirmation on game mechanics of victory objectives

Post by krupp_88mm »

Now the german/russian turn system in case blue goes like this.

Day1 Germany /day 1 Russia
Day 3 Germany /day 3 Russia
Day 5 Germany / day 5 Russia
ect ect ect

Now you will notice that The day changes dates on the germans next turn after russia goes.

Well as Russia i get the order to hold a very key town until the seventh. And i do hold it on the seventh, i make my men withdraw back because they are about to be surrounded, i could have held it for another day or two if i needed though, but seeing as how i held it and next turn is the ninth and i only need to hold it till the seventh. I withdraw. Now the next turn is the ninth and my opponent captures it. and i loose the victory points. Because of this my game is lost, that city was a game winner or looser, and to make things even worse for myself i spent 10 VP on more pp because there was no doubt in my mind i was going to get those points.

Is it supposed to play like this? If it is than its really confusing there is just about no way i can think of that i could know i need to hold the town until the ninth when it says the seventh. Or if it said hold the town through the seventh and one turn after that. Hell i could even think that as long as i am in the town on the start of the germans seventh turn and get pushed out i still held the town on the seventh even though it wasn't the whole turn.

So id just like to know if this is how its supposed to work or not and if the language in the orders can be cleared up.

Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k
LiquidSky

RE: Need confirmation on game mechanics of victory objectives

Post by LiquidSky »

The game seems to check the prestige cities at the beginning of your turn. I havent checked the language since the new beta patch (which he changed) but basically...if it says hold this place until x date, it will check on your x+1 date, at the beginning to see if it is still yours. That means the Germans can take it on their x+1 turn (before yours) to deny it to you.

For the Germans, it is much simpler, as it will check on the beginning of the x+1 turn for them..giving the soviets only the turn it is due to prevent it.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I should add...my friend and I are playing Trappenjagd. He decided to pull back and save the Soviet army at Kharkov (10 pr)at the loss of the prestige (since he started with enough). Trouble is, the game is adding impossible cities for him to take as minor orders. For example, Krasnograd got added (4 pr)...then Barwenkowo (2 pr). If he plays an ambition card he will gain 1 prestige for sure, but then he will have to attack some other impossible to attack objective.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
wallas

Post by wallas »

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

I should add...my friend and I are playing Trappenjagd.

I am the friend in question who mainly just lurks here. I would like to add the objective of Krasnograd and Barwenkowo appeared as a minor order on or around May 22 1942. As a side note even if Krasnograd was shown to me from turn one as the russians you would never be able to hold this objective till may 20 something it requires, and in my opinion even reaching Krasnograd or Kharkov is a suicidal endeavour if not impossible. So its now May 24 and in 3 turns I will lose 10 for Kharkov 4 for Krasnograd and 2 for Barwenkowo. I only have 15 and that is 16 PP ! Krasnograd and Barwenkowo showed up as minor order around May 20 long after any russian could keep the offensive going. Holding Barwenkowo untill May 28 1942 is impossible its 4 hexes from the german front lines and a clear hex. That said this objective is the easiest of the three but still impossible unless your playing an incompetent opponent.

now I will go back to lurking

Return to “Tech Support”