Anything new coming?

Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets is the latest strategy title from the award-winning team at Strategic Studies Group. A synthesis of the very best elements of two critically acclaimed and top-rated game systems, Decisive Battles and Battlefront, and a successor to both, the new Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets brings to life a campaign of epic scale and dynamic battles on the Eastern Front of World War II.
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Anything new coming?

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Love to know if anything new is on the way for Kharkov? Scenarios? Addons? A new Kharkov engine game???
Charly G

RE: Anything new coming?

Post by Charly G »

Unfortunately, Ian Trout, one of the two lead designers at SSG, passed away one year ago after an extended illness.
I've bought Korsun Pocket, BIN, BIII and Kharkov, played them and liked them.
I would like SSG continue to give us some new addons and games, but all is quiet on the "SSG Forums" about this question.
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Hello Charly,

Yes, I heard about Ian about a year ago, and was quite shocked at the time. I have been buying and playing the SSG games since the original Battlefront came out some time in the 80's, and I sort of got used to SSG always being around. About 6 months ago, possibly a little longer, I read some of the tester posts over at Run5 talking about new Kharkov scenarios being 'almost ready' and how good they were. Nothing but silence since then. I also heard about the new Carriers at War complete supposed to be coming.

However, not long ago, I found this odd thread tm.asp?m=3164845 strange that the most information I have received was given out in such a ridiculous manner. For those who don't want to wade through the silliness in the thread, Erik Rutins chose to share this pearl amongst the rubbish:

'Hi Darkstar One,

Unfortunately we do not have the staff to check every message on every forum, so there are times when patience and persistence are required. Alternately, you can use our Help Desk, where every message is checked and all questions are answered.

Regarding Complete Carriers at War, in my most recent discussion with SSG we are now aiming for 1st Quarter 2013. They are at work on the release and moving it forward. SSG is just Gregor and Roger now and life has thrown them a lot of curve balls over the last couple of years. With CCAW, SSG should be rolling again and there are several more exciting releases we are discussing with them after CCAW is complete.

Regards,

- Erik '

Really, this, along with more information regarding SSG, should be in a newspost somewhere, along with an interview (if SSG wish to do so at this time), and not buried in a post full of pre teen banter.

In any case, i hope it is true.

Charly G

Post by Charly G »

I agree with you, information regarding some news from SSG will be necessary.

Return to “Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets”