Partisans...ouch!

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Bonners

Partisans...ouch!

Post by Bonners »

Opened my turn up to find this from the AI:

I've no idea if I've done the attachment thing right, but if not, they raided one of my airfields, 25 level bombers and 20 Stukas gone.....Ouch!!!! Not only that but it is Mrowsjka which is just north of Rostov and neatly cutting the railway[:-]

I would just like to say that the fate of the partisans will not involve tea and biscuits.

EDIT: Did load the image, only 10 Stukas apparently, I feel better already[:@]
Attachments
Partisans.jpg
Partisans.jpg (144.45 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Bonners

RE: Partisans...ouch!

Post by Bonners »

Upsetting as it is, I actually find this quite pleasing in a game context. Yes the AI spawns partisans randomly, but it is nice to see that when they do appear they go for the right targets.
Micke II

Post by Micke II »

You need to keep garnisons in the rear aereas to fight against partisans. Usually I use romanian, hungarians, italians or the german security divisions.
I wonder if partisans are able to cut the railways.
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Historically, they did ... at least, they cut them temporarily ... I dunno if it would count on a 2 day turn timescale, though.

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: Micke II

You need to keep garnisons in the rear aereas to fight against partisans. Usually I use romanian, hungarians, italians or the german security divisions.
I wonder if partisans are able to cut the railways.

Yes, they can cut rail lines.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I usually leave my reinforcements in the cards...when a partisan pops on, I play a card and put the troops as close as possible to the offending unit.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

2 day impact from a partisan attack on a rail line is fine with me. Day 1 they cut the line and then the area is cleared security troops so that rail repair units can move in. Day 2 the line is repaired. Probably too short an impact, actually...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

I have also been keeping a reinforcement card in reserve most turns just to deal with Partisans. As above, I'm quite happy for a two day impact (or 4 to rally the troops in some cases) for cutting the lines. I reckon it is probably about right, as it states in the manual these werent the organised partisan campaigns that were such a feature of the war further north on the Russian Front.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”