Ship & Race guide for Modders

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

jpinard

Ship & Race guide for Modders

Post by jpinard »

<<Original Guide without Mods>>

<<New guide v2 which adds Haree78's Extended Alien Races>>

I'll be adding many of the excellent mods to a "Modder's version starting with Haree's. My hope is maybe someday we can have an all inclusive mod that incorporates the best of the best (races, ships, weapon effects, music, sound effects, planets) so new people can download one giant file to run and play. This could help us organize it and have people sign up for slots.
Nedrear

RE: Ship & Race guide for Modders

Post by Nedrear »

Making a mod collection got several difficulties.

While the community could easily vote for the best resource mode, the best graphics and sound effect mod etc. Many other things are not able to join the collection.

We could collect all Custom Mods into it too since they would be a theme in the game. Some mods offer full conversions though and elliot did not give us the ability to mod gametext etc. seperately. Therefore we can not merge the full conversions into the mod collection.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

see first post
Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

I like that idea. I can see how such 'ultimate compilation' could become a standard for everyone playing the game.

Return to “Design and Modding”