Shakturi

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

mikbob

Shakturi

Post by mikbob »

It seems lilke the Shakturi doesnt show up in every game even if I light all the beacons. Is that a bug or is it supposed to be that way?

Edit: Nevermind. Last couple of games i won before they turned up. Thats all. Time to crank up the difficulty [:D]
Gareth_Bryne

RE: Shakturi

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
mikbob

Post by mikbob »

That thread was very intresting even so. Thank you Gareth.
Harrs

Post by Harrs »

It still doesnt solve the problem gareth..
So what is the one more thing..?

all beacons revealed.. and tech level is high for everyone..
Make this game harder!
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

The Galaxy must be at a high tension level.
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
WiZz

Post by WiZz »

ORIGINAL: Gareth_Bryne

The Galaxy must be at a high tension level.

This detail makes me sad. It would very interesting and hardcore to fight to the death in early game. [:D] [:D] [:D]
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

SPOILER alert don't read if you want to keep the Shakturi mechanisms a secret for you to work out. I advise you don't read this until you have played the game a lot.

There are 2 triggers, a specific beacon, not all of them, and time. Either trigger will work. The time is based on research speed.
There is also a stalling mechanism, if the beacon trigger is hit and there hasn't been enough time yet (and possibly it checks the galaxy tech level, I can't remember if that is still the case) it will stall the invasion for a while.

On slower research speeds people are often beating the game before the time trigger occurs.
The other reason people aren't seeing the Shakturi is that the specific beacon isn't hit. It's possible if the beacon is on a particularly uninteresting planet that explorers will never get in range to investigate the ruins, this is because resource exploration range is further than ruins and resources can be found out while approaching another planet in the system and so they never need to go near them. This combined with Galaxy map swapping and sharing with Mutual Defence Pacts often can mean they will never trigger.

I wont reveal which beacon, I will leave that a mystery at least. PM me though if it's spoiling your fun never seeing them.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Which means that to make sure the buggers will appear in a normally played game suffered at too high research speed, I would in addition have to hand explore every system not close to my start? [X(]

Possibly only every system with a ruin, though. They could be flagged (I stop noticing them after early game, though).
solops

Post by solops »

Anyone who wants the Shakturi to show up early must be playing with cheap tech or at the easier levels. When I want an empire building game, I set tech to expensive, AI's to hard (without any friendly races) and aggressive and turn off the Shakturi story line. When the Shakturi enter, the "normal" game is over.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

The problem is that AAIK the beacon may be hit by another race...
Harrs

Post by Harrs »

Is there a way to spawn the beacon or the ruin which starts the beacon with the game editor??
THere should be really a time limit.. If x years over the shakturi appear.. regardless of tech level and tension.. and beacons, ruins ..
I tried really with hand to explore every ruin and beacon in the game.. but still no shakturi..
Make this game harder!
Harrs

Post by Harrs »

BIG SPOILER

Thanks to Haree..

You can force the Shakturi to appear!

Find the Beacon of Shaktur.. It is a Ruin..

Press G (Galaxy Map) and then visualize all Ruins..a
The Problem with Explorer Ships are.. That if you change the Galaxy Map or make Mutual Defense pact.. They get Lazy they dont explore unexplored ruins on known system.. [for the next version Erik please fix it]
You have to click manually on all systems with ruins.. That a lot of work on a 1000 star galaxy. (Why is there no list of all planets with ruins..?! that would be useful.. on the panel where you send your colony and construction ships.. you could send your explorer ships too)

In my Case it was like 30 Systems.. Which have unexplored ruins. Start with the Sector top left.. and raster it to the end. Then you have to zoom in. Find the three dots and send an explorer to the system. It took like 20 minutes..
In my case the last System I looked into it, was the one with the "beacon of Shaktur". And beware that sometimes two planets with ruins are in one system..

Dont do this too early.. They (The Refugees of Eruktah) will get instantly a 100% quality planet with the ruin with 200% income bonus to all planets.. They have all the technology and will start to build every wonder which is left..
Now they have 3 wonder on this planet.. And they revealed them self as Shakturi.. And the fun begins. I will try to invade their planet. But first they destroyed two of my best systems with the planet destroyer..

Make this game harder!
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Glad I told you that in confidence.... [8|]
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Well, he has not done things not hinted strongly at earlier in the thread. By you...
And confirmed that it works.
darcion

Post by darcion »

this is really helpful but it is easier as you describe.

Look into the starmap (G) and look on every "ancient ruin" click on it watch on the bottom right corner witch name the ruin has, the "shaktur beacon" has every time the same "pillar" like picture. sometimes there are more than one ruin per system, watch on the right top corner and press every yellow planet. now you have only to send 1 explorer, you can find it in less than 5 minutes. it seems that the "shaktur beacon" appears near your homeworld after all other beacons.
Harrs

Post by Harrs »

Thanks darcion.. I will try out!
Make this game harder!
darcion

Post by darcion »

Did anyone notice the name of this race?

Shakturi

now the name "Shakturi" backward

Eruktah E(i)rukt(tk)ah(without s)

now we look into this Name "Erik Rutins" "Erik Rutins" "Erik Rutins" "Erutk" but i think this post is mind blowing xD
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Wow.......beam over some of those Space mushrooms Darcion! [:D]

(Either that....or you've infiltrated DATA's Cargo bay of vintage Romulan Ale) [:'(]

Attachments
Romulan Ale Vintage.jpg
Romulan Ale Vintage.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

That image ought to make him appear again...
Data

Post by Data »

Don't count on it....ups, darn it.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”