Speaking of Buildings ...

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Andy Brown

Speaking of Buildings ...

Post by Andy Brown »

The interface suggests there are "Light" and "Heavy" buildings but the manual only lists "Buildings" in its accuracy and firepower tables.

Are light and heavy buildings differentiated in the combat routines and, if so, how?

Thanks again,

Andy
Mobius

RE: Speaking of Buildings ...

Post by Mobius »

Buildings most often reduce the killpower of an attack on what unit is mounted there. There is a smalll random chance that a 'Light' building will not. There is a larger random chance that a 'Heavy' building will not.

Even when the attackin killpower is not reduced, the unit is equivalent to being in the open so it still will require a good 'die roll' to damage it.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

Sorry, I'm a bit slow. Tell me if I've got this right.

The manual lists the firepower modifiers for buildings as:

Tgt Stationary: ................................. -2,
Tgt Shift Move (Defend Move?): ....... -2,
Tgt Half Move (Engage Move?): ....... -1,
Tgt Full Move (Rush/Bound/Charge?): 0.

(Is a unit that moved into a building during an Orders Phase considered stationary during the following Reaction Phase?)

The manual further says that "Targets in Buildings and Ruins that are being attacked with HE ammunition have a 20% chance per HE hit to have their firepower (killpower?) modifier set to zero for that shot" but this 20% figure has now been varied and is different for Light and Heavy buildings?

It seems to me, however, that this value should be greater for Light Buildings - more chance of NOT reducing the Fire/kill-power value of the hit?

These modifications are made to the desired Fire/kill-power number, not to the D10 roll itself which must be equal to or less than this number?

Have I understood correctly?

Andy
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

There is a higher chance of the protection number (-2 or -1) being set to 0 for a light building than a heavy building. There was some tweaking done before the release and I don't recall what the chance is.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

Sorry, I'm a bit slow. Tell me if I've got this right.

The manual lists the firepower modifiers for buildings as:

Tgt Stationary: ................................. -2,
Tgt Shift Move (Defend Move?): ....... -2,
Tgt Half Move (Engage Move?): ....... -1,
Tgt Full Move (Rush/Bound/Charge?): 0.

(Is a unit that moved into a building during an Orders Phase considered stationary during the following Reaction Phase?)
Andy

Yes, I think Shift Move is same as Defend move and I think the units move status during the Reaction phase is based on it's status during the Order phase, but I'd have to check that to be sure.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”