Ship size.... again O_o

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Mermel

Ship size.... again O_o

Post by Mermel »

I was really wondering how many exceptions there are to the size a ship can have.

By now I know:
There is one value for military ships (determinde by research +?)
One for Colony bases (infite?)
One for Bases build away from colonies
One for ships build on colonies (Constructor & colonoy...)

But I stumbled upon a carrier design from the AI, which had a a size of 758, while my maximum ship size was 650 at this time. Given carriers were also build by the dozen.

So... is there something more I don't know or did I stumble upon a bug? Anyone know more maybe? :)
Nedrear

RE: Ship size.... again O_o

Post by Nedrear »

My German Force in the GW II Mod got a huge size ability since German developers made the first super heavy tanks. You can actually tweak it per race.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
Mermel

Post by Mermel »

My race is human... didn't see any ship size boni there...
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

The size boni is in the race file.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Mermel

I was really wondering how many exceptions there are to the size a ship can have.

But I stumbled upon a carrier design from the AI, which had a a size of 758, while my maximum ship size was 650 at this time. Given carriers were also build by the dozen.

So... is there something more I don't know or did I stumble upon a bug? Anyone know more maybe? :)

Mermel;

Carrier designs can be up to 50% larger than the currently researched construction
maximum size for ships (i.e. Max ship size is 800, Carrier ship size can be up to 1200
with 480 of that space devoted to Fighter Bays). In addition, 40% of the Carrier design
must be Fighter Bay Components.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”