Soviet REFIT

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

schascha

Soviet REFIT

Post by schascha »

Hello,

As Soviet, how many units do you set on mode REFIT ?
delatbabel

RE: Soviet REFIT

Post by delatbabel »

In 1941, as many as need it (mostly the unready ones).

From about late 1943, all of them.
--
Del
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

As Soviet, how many units do you set on mode REFIT ?

Depends on the situation. I prefer not to bother funneling refit replacements to units that are merely speed bumps in 1941 for the Axis advance.

As the winter offensive gets closer I make sure the cavalry are on refit and off the front line. I also try use the commander reports to find my highest TOE units, get them off the frontline if possible for a few weeks and focus refit on them.

Also, keep this in mind:
Infantry units that are not set to refit are limited by default in the replacements they can
receive. Soviet Infantry units will not normally receive replacements for a type of ground
element that has more than 60% of that types TOE. After 1941, Axis Infantry units will not
normally receive replacements for a type of ground element that has more than 80% of that
types TOE.

"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
hfarrish

Post by hfarrish »

Honestly, I pretty much have most of my army after '41 on refit with the exception of those units in reserve (or unready ones I need to place on refit). This is not efficient, admittedly, but it limits administrative headaches of trying to fine tune things.
Ketza

Post by Ketza »

I funnel the replacements into armies that need an extra boost in the summer of 41 that need to hold certain areas. As the game progresses I expand the number of units.

I have seen my early land bridge armies jump up to a cv of 4-5 per division funneling in this manner.

Schmart

Post by Schmart »

I use refit for newly created units (often set the initial max TOE to 50% to train them up but not suck up too many replacements). I also use refit for my important sectors of the front, either defensive or offensive. I know units in the line don't get much, but it helps and anything sitting behind the immediate front gets extra replacements, so that retreated/routed units fill right back up again. I put my entire Leningrad Front on refit until the city falls (if it doesn't fall, then I turn refit off in 1943), and I will put attacking armies (during any point of the war) on refit for replacement priorities.

Armies with units back a bit for defensive depth will often be on refit, and I'll tend to rotate these units into/off the front line in more static fronts.
Rodimstev

Post by Rodimstev »

Hi all,

just 1 question.

1.If your HQ is on refit off and just one division depending from this HQ in refit mod, in this case, the unit is refitted?

thanks in advance.

Rodimstev
"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.
Baelfiin

Post by Baelfiin »

ORIGINAL: Rodimstev

Hi all,

just 1 question.

1.If your HQ is on refit off and just one division depending from this HQ in refit mod, in this case, the unit is refitted?

thanks in advance.

Rodimstev

If you mean the buttons Refit On and Refit Off,-- those just allow you to put the entire formation on refit or take it out of refit without having to click each unit. HQ's and SU are always in refit mode.
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

Return to “The War Room”