1.7.16 cannot start: need image?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

onomastikon

1.7.16 cannot start: need image?

Post by onomastikon »

After updating to the latest official patch, I cannot get DW to start, I get a small popup windows-looking window with the error message: "Cannot load image: blahblahblah_png_10" (sadly I cannot seem to copy that text).
I am not very computer saavy, can anyone help me?
Thank you
ASHBERY76

RE: 1.7.16 cannot start: need image?

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Either you are missing a zenox race or troop image or a modded race or troop image is faulty.
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

Everything was fine until I updated to the next official patch. I am not running any mods.
How can I get these images? What should I do?
I am not computer savvy, can you help me please? Anyone? I'd like to play, I would even revert back to 1.7.06 if that's what I need to do. If you can tell me exactly what I need to do, I would appreciate it much! Thank you!
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling DW.

It was probably just a random glitch when writing the file... even computers make mistakes.  [:)]
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

Thank you. Do I need to completely uninstall everything, and then install DW, DW:RotS and DW:L one after the other? Sorry for pestering, I am really a computer idiot and afraid of unistalling. Thank you.
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

That's what I would do.  Uninstall DW, all versions and then just follow the installation instructions for reinstallation.
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

I uninstalled, but cannot reinstall. I got DW and RotS to install, but installing Legends always fails. It says a "decompression error" has occurred with ..../spaceport.png. Argh! What am I doing wrong? Or how can I simply get this to install again?!?
Thank you for your help
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Strange. Try download legends again. If you don't have a download link, contact customer support with that error and ask for the link.

Return to “Tech Support”