interesting test of supply overstack

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sjohnson

interesting test of supply overstack

Post by sjohnson »

I just set up a small scenario and created an overstack on an island - in this case Fukue-Jima, stacking limit of 25,000 troops under DaBabes Scen 28 C with stacking limits.

In this case, for grins I placed 5 US late war divisions - ~71,000 troops; set the airfield to lvl 6 and the port to lvl 3 and placed 90,000 supplies on the hex.

Just an FYI - the units consumed 26,000 supplies/day or right at 30X their ordinary daily consumption for this overstack. Seems somewhat extreme, but, so others don't get caught by surprise the effect of overstack is dramatic. Fail to pay attention at your own risk.
witpqs

RE: interesting test of supply overstack

Post by witpqs »

I did some test runs a couple/three years ago and posted the results. Discussion ensued. Yes, over stacking by a large percentage results in a brutal supply penalty. Made a longer reply to your thread in Tech Support.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”