[1.7.0.16] Assorted feedback

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

feelotraveller

[1.7.0.16] Assorted feedback

Post by feelotraveller »

1) When a mining ship is mining a source that source does not appear in the expansion planner. I am not sure if this is WAD but it can cause some issues. Note that if you go to that source you can still order a constructor to build there but I assume it may interfere with automatic construction orders.

2) Freighter transport is MUCH better.

3) Refueling bases is also much better. (Though I have noticed that one of my bases got interrupted in its refueling cycle, maybe from ending a session while fueling was in progess, where it had several hundred units of fuel in its cargo but stopped filling its fuel cell storage just over half way. It never resumed fueling... Not a big issue just commenting that this can happen, and only seen it once thus far.)

4) I've been experiencing some issues when giving refuel orders. Several times I have ordered a ship/fleet to refuel and it accepts the order and proceeds to the fuel station. However when emerging from hyperspace the refueling order is cancelled. Checking the base reveals that all of the fuel is currently reserved (and hence a refueling order cannot be issued). Going back to an earlier save shows that fuel was intially reserved for these ships when the refuel order was given. (So somehow in the meantime fuel which was already reserved got reserved by another ship?)

5) Often when conquering independents a lot of their fuel cargo is already reserved. (e.g. 2955 out of 3000 units reserved). While this is probably WAD it can be very frustrating as fuel problems ensue at the colony for some years.

6) [edit: ]

7) I am experiencing frustrations with ships wanting to flee if a component is damaged. The scenario usually arises for me in the early game when I have some ships which have sustained some armour damage from monsters that I send to take down a pirate base. They attack and very soon afterwards decide to flee (escape can be cancelled and attack reordered but you have to do this repeatedly). The ships in question have lots of shields left 80-90% and will do this even as the pirate base is about to blow. I understand the reason for wanting ships engaged in combat to automatically disengage when damaged but in this case (which happens every game I play) there is no danger. Could we perhaps have an option to ignore damage in the attack order? (An option which only applies to the ships it is given to and not all ships or all ships of a given design.)

8) I'm having LOTS of fun.

Pipewrench

RE: [1.7.0.16] Assorted feedback

Post by Pipewrench »

I am seeing the same things.

commenting on 5 and 7 and 8

5) It has forced me to send a constructor to build a fuel source before or at the same time as the dispatched (colony/troopship).

7) It would be nice if odds were calculated before the flee command is initiated.

8) Same with

Great OP
“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Just on 4) the canceling of refueling orders...

In my current game I observed this happening when the reserved amount of fuel was equal to the total stock at that base/colony.  One ship would then cancel its refueling order so that the stock was greater than the reserved.  This only happens if the refueling ship is in the same system (and possibly at a certain distance from the refueling source?) and on the final approach to the fueling station.

Example: I discover enhanced storage and order my system defence forces at a newish colony to refuel so that they are topped up.  Shortly afterwards my homeworld completes a couple of system defence frigates which I am shuttling out in that direction so I give them the 'refuel at' the colony order.  At this point my stocks are about 1500 and the reservations 960 (4x240).

The first ship refuels quickly, the second has drifted off to the gas giant the moon orbits (sloppy feelotraveller...).  By the time it gets half-way to the colony a series of freighters has drained down fuel stocks to 720 with 720 reserved.  At this point that ship cancels its refueling order (without notification [:@]).  If the order is given again it cancels out almost immediately.  So it is 720 with 480 reserved for the two ships still a distance away in hyperspace.

By the time the two incoming ships reach the system the fuel stocks read 480 with 480 reserved.  But as these ships approach one of them has its refueling order auto-canceled.  The stock thus becomes 480 with 240 reserved.

I am thinking that this is a bug, perhaps an 'unintended consequence' of some other mechanism?

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

Yeah, I have experienced number 7 many times. It got frustrating to the point that I have changed all ship orders to never flee just so that they'll stop fleeing when only lightly damaged [:'(]

Return to “Tech Support”