Summer/Winter uniform Mod. APOS for August patch

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Dane49

Summer/Winter uniform Mod. APOS for August patch

Post by Dane49 »

Night Postman is working on a Summer uniform Mod for APOS and from what I can translate from the Russian site is that He is almost finished and may be releasing it soon[:)]Here is a link to pictures of his work and you will have to go to his last post to see pictures of his latest creations http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.p ... 75&page=66
So,it looks like some German infantry may be sporting a camo smock and camo helmet cover.I haven't seen anything yet concerning whether or not He plans on giving the SS soldiers a new camo look though.
Dane49

RE: Summer uniform Mod.

Post by Dane49 »

A few screen shots of some winter camo schemes being worked on by Night Postman.

It seems He's working on some woodland patterns for his winter uniforms also.

Attachments
GermanWoo..terCamo.gif
GermanWoo..terCamo.gif (186.75 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Russian woodland camo scheme.
Attachments
Russian Winter Camo.gif
Russian Winter Camo.gif (158.44 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Russian woodland camo scheme. Another screen shot.(Recon Platoon)

Attachments
USSRcamouniforms.gif
USSRcamouniforms.gif (279.49 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

http://narod.ru/disk/62473532001.eea...arkov.exe.html

New Summer/Winter Night Postman uniform mod to replace old mod for August update.

Very good job by Night Postman,lots of new Summer woodland camo schemes for both Russian and German forces.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

http://narod.ru/disk/62473532001.eeaecb ... v.exe.html

This is the new link to the Summer/Winter uniform mod.
It seems to only work for quick battles but you do not need to disable it to play the campaign game.
This by far is my favorite mod,the new uniforms look very good.Much nicer and better detailed than the default uniforms in the regular game.

I really like what Night Postman did with the Winter regular German infantry and the SS units.

The summer German uniforms are camo for both SS and Pz. Grenadiers,it seems that only Russian recon squads get the camo treatment though.All in all a very fine addition to the game.

Be advised that this is a large file at almost 1 GB.

Another reminder Night Postman plans to revise this mod again in the near future.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Shame it only works in QB..I never bother with it.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

I mostly play Quick Battles,so this was a very welcome addition.Hopefully in the future they'll be incorporated into the campaign battles as well.Some of Night Postmans previous work has already made it into the campaign games.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”