Who would be the best to ask for technical intricacies of DW gameplay?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

joeyeti

Who would be the best to ask for technical intricacies of DW gameplay?

Post by joeyeti »

Who would be the best to ask for technical intricacies of DW gameplay directly?

Matrix guys?
Or CodeForce somehow?

I do wonder, because there are many topics already (and ever have been) that try to uncover details about say economy, ships or any other topic, that the players are interested in.

And in many cases there seem to be only guesses (if no fellow player has yet delved deeper into that subject and figured it by himself)...
Joe
Bleek

RE: Who would be the best to ask for technical intricacies of DW gameplay?

Post by Bleek »

It would be nice if Mr Codeforce himself visited and commented on here, just once or twice.

Perhaps Erick could arrange a monthly 'post bag' where a few top questions get answered in more detail?

After all knowledge is power.
I've been beta testing myself for decades.
Erik Rutins

RE: Who would be the best to ask for technical intricacies of DW gameplay?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Both Elliot and I have answered many, many questions but it's true that we've been less active recently as focus has been on development. The idea of a monthly Q&A is a great one though and I will see if I can set that up.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”