1.04 almost done

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

sad git

RE: 1.04 almost done

Post by sad git »

I just want that option to turn off those fleet popups. [:D]
wesy

Post by wesy »

Hi,

Any ctd bug fixes in this build? I have posted on the forums about my reproducible ctd bug, and I realize I'm running Win8 which isn't specifically supported, but just checking - hoping to be able to play this game soon w/o having to rebuild one of my machines back to W7. I tried running the game via a W7 x64 Ultimate vhd on Virtual Box, but couldn't get it to run either (menu screen pops up, but the game .exe won't run)

Thanks again!

Wes
"I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!"...Woody Allen
Menschenfresser

Post by Menschenfresser »

Not sure if it's a bug, but I noticed you cannot purchase research beyond the 3rd light bulb. You have to wait until the final one runs out.
Make wargames, not war.
Menschenfresser

What would be really sweet would be to have as much of the consts.ini file as possible turned country specific. That way things like TOE, unit strength, leader effects, etc, could vary country-by-country.

Also, back to the research issue mentioned above. Maybe I don't understand how it works. Is it supposed to be 100 points per bulb? If so, when you purchase increases, the price of the next stays the same. Again, if I'm reading it right, if you wait until the bulb is almost full, you can purchase the other two very cheaply.

Yeah, I definitely don't get this. Because when you reach three lightbulbs and gain a level, further increases stop. You have to then buy another bulb to get the process going.

I should think all tech areas would continually increase on their own. And the player could purchase increases at the cost of PPs. Something seems broken here.

?
Make wargames, not war.
Menschenfresser

Ah, never mind. Note to self: read manual first. :)
Make wargames, not war.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

You can easily create a country specific consts.ini file

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”