Distant Worlds - Legends Gets a Massive Update and Sale!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

feelotraveller

RE: Distant Worlds - Legends Gets a Massive Update and Sale!

Post by feelotraveller »

The location Haree78 gave is where my saves are on Vista.  So if your username is the same as your forum name look in

C:\Users\Wild_Bill\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.7.0.16\SavedGames 

to find your saves for 1.7.0.16.  If you navigate back up to the Distant Worlds folder you should find it contains a folder for 1.7.0.x (x being the version number) which has the saves of the game you were first playing.

Another more generic way of finding them is to make a save with an uncommon name which you take note of.  Then do a Windows search for that filename.  Depending on where the save is you may have to search for hidden files.

Once I locate the first save of a game I play I make a shortcut to the containing folder so that I never have to search again.  [:)]
Wild_Bill

Post by Wild_Bill »

YES!!! I tried cut-and-paste with no results. I tried manual searches with no results, but when I typed in what you posted there it was! Saved games successfully transported to 1.7.0.16. Thank you for the help.
Persistence will take you places Talent never dreamed of.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

hehe, glad to hear you found them [:D]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Mad Igor

Post by Mad Igor »

srsly,what changes that 16 beta don't have ?or its 16 beta,but just now as full patch ?
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

That would be my guess. If there were additional changes, the version would've been incremented.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Can now build both mining stations and resort bases at same location if
scenery at location.

I cannot build a resort base and a research station at the same location with scenery. Should this not work the same?

Also I still get the trade sanctions against and lifted repetition...same with luxury resources given and taken away...wars seem to come and go as quickly...
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

Great patch!
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Also I still get the trade sanctions against and lifted repetition...same with luxury resources given and taken away...wars seem to come and go as quickly...

I timed it and it seems to have a three month delay which is nowhere near time enough to stop the spamming feeling.
Bleek

Post by Bleek »

So guys, how's the sale panning out - seems like the forum has had an increase in new recruits? [:)]
I've been beta testing myself for decades.
SVWGiant

Post by SVWGiant »

Really good patch! I ve played 700 stars and Picard Era-Mod and no crashes after many hours :) big compliment to the development team!
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

Forum activity increased about 20x after the sale kick-off. It seems the decision was very timely.
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

Just curious, since there are still a couple of bugs in .16, will this patch get updated in any way soonish? I mean: no new features, merely bugfixes.
bryanhbell

Post by bryanhbell »

Hmm. So, the sale is over, but there appears to be a new promotion for Distant Worlds. The Matrix Games store shows the download versions of the game as follows:

* Distant Worlds 13% off at $34.99 USD
* Distant Worlds: Return Of The Shakturi 20% off at $19.99 USD
* Distant Worlds: Legends 20% off at $19.99 USD

Total $79.97 USD.

Is this the new permanent price? If not, what's the promotion? When does it end? Just curious.
Bryan H. Bell
S4ftl4den

Post by S4ftl4den »

I seriously enjoy the changes and fixes which have been made but I have to say that there is many more people out there who would buy this game if it was an experience you can share with friends by playing in the same game. All thats needed is a 4 maybe 8 players multiplayer option with save feature and its sure to be bought a few more times.
tylertoo

Post by tylertoo »

I just realized I never patched this. I'm running 1.7.0.0. Will this patch break save games?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Probably.

On a new version, the game creates a new save folder. You can always copy your old save across and see what happens.
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

You can load a saved game a it will play, but only some of the changes will take effect. You will need to start a new game for all new features and fixes to take effect.
Old............but very fast
tylertoo

Post by tylertoo »

Thanks guys. I'm good to go.
tylertoo

Post by tylertoo »

Actually, not good to go. I had been playing the Picard Era Mod when, mid-game, I patched up to this. Now the images of the Star Trek characters are gone. Is this fixable? If so how?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Install the Star Trek mod again?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”