Why does OKH percentage keep dropping?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

James Ward

Why does OKH percentage keep dropping?

Post by James Ward »

My OKH commander's percentage has dropped from 65% to 40% after about a month of playing the main campaign. What makes it drop?
Vic

RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping?

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: James Ward

My OKH commander's percentage has dropped from 65% to 40% after about a month of playing the main campaign. What makes it drop?

The arrival and flow through of new staff replacements. Hover over the % for the exact caculation of the percentage (or press right mouse button).

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: Vic

ORIGINAL: James Ward

The arrival and flow through of new staff replacements. Hover over the % for the exact caculation of the percentage (or press right mouse button).

best,
Vic

Does playing cards have an effect?
alex0809

Post by alex0809 »

It doesn't really matter anyway as far as I know because the percentage only matters for units involved in combat DIRECTLY under the HQ. And even if you have units under OKH command directly involved in combat, unless those units are within power range of OKH they get 0 % bonus anyway.
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: alex0809

It doesn't really matter anyway as far as I know because the percentage only matters for units involved in combat DIRECTLY under the HQ. And even if you have units under OKH command directly involved in combat, unless those units are within power range of OKH they get 0 % bonus anyway.

I thought it also had an effect on how much 'bonus' you get from a card.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

No..the bonus from the cards comes from the attributes of the leader...for example Assault comes from Audacity. You can tell from the colour of the card..it matches the colour of the attribute it uses.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

^ So it wouldn't effect how many extra Infantry I received if I play the Request More Infantry card?
SCAF

Post by SCAF »

You will receive extra infantry on top of the normal replacements for that turn if you played the infantry card [;)]. Just remember each card get more expensive each time you play it.
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

^ I realize that. I was just wondering if the percentage of OKH effected how many extra troops I would receive. I played the infantry card twice and I receive a lot more the first time than the second, after my percentage dropped by 10%, but that could just be the way it is suppose to work.
alex0809

Post by alex0809 »

No, the percentage is really ONLY for troops under direct command of the HQ in combat.

The amount of troops you get when you play each card is random. There is a base amount you always get + a random additional amount
eg. when you play an infantry you get:
always 5000 men + between 0 and 10000 men

IF I am reading the values correctly, no guarantee on that, I find the code a bit confusing. Either way, the important thing is that you can't influence it and there is nothing that influences it apart from the random draw. You can only retry if you get a bad dice roll[:D]
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

^ Thanks. Now Halder has been randomly replaced and the guy who took his spot is even worse as far as percentage goes. At this rate it'll be negative in a month :)

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”