graphics is too slow

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

serg3d1

graphics is too slow

Post by serg3d1 »

I have fairly modern videocard, Geforce 670m, 16 Gb RAM, but graphics is very slow, it looks like software rendering. At the middle of the game it's like 10 frames per second, or less. Windows are opening and closing with noticeable delay, like half second or more. I have win-7 64 bits, latest game update. Could it be because I checked "install dx9c" during installation - would it replace latest dx and cause slowdown? Would reinstall help? As is the game is barely playable.
Fishers of Men

RE: graphics is too slow

Post by Fishers of Men »

Distant Worlds performance is not dependent on your video card speed, but uses processor power and RAM space availability. Also, if your PC uses DirectX 10, or 11 drivers, you do not need to go back to the DX9C ones the game supplies. My machine is a lot older than yours but the game runs fairly well with some of the non essential graphics turned off. The last few patches have improved the DW's performance a small amount for me.
Old............but very fast
tylertoo

RE: graphics is too slow

Post by tylertoo »

ORIGINAL: serg3d1

I have fairly modern videocard, Geforce 670m, 16 Gb RAM, but graphics is very slow, it looks like software rendering. At the middle of the game it's like 10 frames per second, or less. Windows are opening and closing with noticeable delay, like half second or more. I have win-7 64 bits, latest game update. Could it be because I checked "install dx9c" during installation - would it replace latest dx and cause slowdown? Would reinstall help? As is the game is barely playable.

Newcomer here, I also had graphical chugging on my laptop. Solved it by following the suggestions in the second post of the Tech Support FAQ, titled "2. If you are experiencing slow performance," which you'll find above in this subforum.

Basically I set star density to minimum, set frame rates to 25 (rather than auto) and turned off 'display nebulae.' It now runs smoothly, and still looks quite fine. I cannot post a link to that FAQ, unfortunately, maybe someone else can. Good luck!

Return to “Tech Support”