PZ Div move'n Slow

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

AP514

PZ Div move'n Slow

Post by AP514 »

I have a few PZ divisions that are move'n like Inf......1 of the division has 300 Inf , 40 Halftracks , about 100 tanks and , 10 -20mm flak unit but can only move 4 hexes in my own territory it ihas the PZ on the division. It is really hurting my advance ( can not keep up ) Has 100% fuel and in Green supply. 9th PZ, XXXIV

Any Ideas would be great.....might be that the unit has been move'n from the start of the campaign ? does it need to resupply/rest...something I missed ??

AP514
LiquidSky

RE: PZ Div move'n Slow

Post by LiquidSky »

If it is missing transport for the infantry, it will move at the speed of the slowest sub-component (the infantry). Although it does seem you have enough transport.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

When you click on one of the Pz. Div. regiments, check out the white silhouette on the left-hand side of the info. window. If it shows a 'crouching infantry' icon, it means too much of your organic transport has been knocked out due to combat. Thus, it can only move with 'foot' speed, because it lack sufficient motorized transport. (Ideally the silhouette should be the 'panzer' or 'halftrack' or 'truck' to indicate it is moving at that appropriate speed).

The thing to do is "Prioritize" the div. on the 'replacements' toggle, and then play the "Trucks" card, which will send lots of trucks to OKH, which will then filter down to the Prioritized unit, getting its motorized transport back up to standard TO&E.
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

or maybe you run out of oil?
go to statistics then click regime statistics then oil
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Working on TO&E and OOB changes that will include separating Panzers from Infantry in Panzer and Motorised Divisions, coupled with creating PanzerGrenadier sftype (Sdkfz 251's with Infantry combat values added) to keep them mobile (i.e. the Panzergrenadiers die with their halftracks, and use halftrack replacements ... so you never get infantry speed Armoured units).

Waiting on Soviet OOB/TO&E material to complete it, though, and reworking deployment based on The Gamers "Case Blue" board game as well ...

Real Soon Now ... as they say in the software business [X(][8|]

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm...I wonder if it is possible to give the Tanks an attribute in the editor to allow them to transport infantry...
I will have to check that out.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Yes, of course!

You simply give their sfType a Carry Cap in the Statistics 1 Screen of the Editor.

A "1" would make them the equivalent of a Halftrack, which is too high, a "0.5" would be better, but I don't know if that value would be rounded up.

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm...seems it has to be an integer. Not sure if it will matter as the I would hope that giving the tanks a carry capacity, they will be able to make up the shortfall in the primary transport. The game will still take the halftracks as replacements, but will no longer allow the unit to move slow when 800 men are in transport, and 100 are not, as the 100 will be carryied by the tanks.

Probably what the game should be doing is killing the men as well when they transport they are in is killed, to keep the numbers even.
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Do what I did. Create a Panzergrenadier sftype ... basically a Halftrack with infantry combat values ... using Halftrack replacements rather than infantry replacements.

This means that when the Halftrack dies, the Infantry *value* does as well ... so you get no problems with Panzer units being slowed down.

I did the same with Motorcycle Recon ... Trucks with Infantry values, likewise, but using Infantry replacements (assuming Motorcycles are more readily available than Trucks, but you could require Truck replacements) ...

For Bicycle Infantry, I added a Bicycle movement class that has Cavalry like movement in Urban areas and towns, on Plains and Roads, but is otherwise Infantry.

Likewise, created SP 20mm and 37mm Flak by taking Trucks and adding the appropriate Flak values, using Artillery replacements (again, because there are relatively few of these).

You can do all sorts of things like that [8D]

Phil
AP514

Post by AP514 »

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

When you click on one of the Pz. Div. regiments, check out the white silhouette on the left-hand side of the info. window. If it shows a 'crouching infantry' icon, it means too much of your organic transport has been knocked out due to combat. Thus, it can only move with 'foot' speed, because it lack sufficient motorized transport. (Ideally the silhouette should be the 'panzer' or 'halftrack' or 'truck' to indicate it is moving at that appropriate speed).

OK the div has the "HALF TRACK" icon...It is in supply and I have alot of Oil..98K. I still only move 4 hexes max in open.....is it a BUG ??
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Is it going through an enemy ZOC? Or rough terrain?

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”