Why doesn't colony planner say I need steel?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

jpinard

Why doesn't colony planner say I need steel?

Post by jpinard »

I obviously don't know how this thing works. I'm trying to figure out what rersources I need to stockpile, but it doesn't appear the colony planner is showing the strategic resources that are in demand. Why might this be? Am I looking on the wrong screen?

Thanks! :)
feelotraveller

RE: Why doesn't colony planner say I need steel?

Post by feelotraveller »

Go to the expansion planner (blue cross icon at top).  At the top is a list of all resources.  Click once or twice on your empire demand.  This will sort the list from high to low/low to high demand by your empire.  Have a look at your stock too.  You can do the same for galactic demand.  Sometimes the demand is artificial since you have supplies in another place to cover it.  The figures can take some time to update.

Generally you need to stockpile steel, carbon fibre and polymer but make sure you have source of everything.  Fuel also needs to be accumulated, caslon at the start of the game and hydrogen as well later (unless you are Quameno in which case it is hydrogen from the start).

Hope that helps.  [:)]
jpinard

RE: Why doesn't colony planner say I need steel?

Post by jpinard »

Ahhh, so that screen was way behind what was going on. It takes a while to catch up. Thanks!

Return to “The War Room”