Nuclear and chemical weapons

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Silent Hunte

Nuclear and chemical weapons

Post by Silent Hunte »

How does one operate these i.e. ask a specific unit to make a nuclear strike on another target?
Curtis Lemay

RE: Nuclear and chemical weapons

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Silent Hunter

How does one operate these i.e. ask a specific unit to make a nuclear strike on another target?

First they have to be authorized via event.

Once nukes are authorized for a side, that side will have a specified number of nuclear strikes allowed. They can be performed by units that have equipment with nuclear strengths. The attack pop-up will have the Nuclear Attack option available for such units.

Once chemicals are authorized, all ranged equipment will be assumed to be using chemicals - making their attacks more lethal. This is especially true immediately after first authorized. The impact decays over time, though.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Silent Hunte

Post by Silent Hunte »

It's ironic that I got the answer from a guy whose user name is a former SAC head...

Where specifically is the attack pop-up? I couldn't find it.

Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Silent Hunter

Where specifically is the attack pop-up? I couldn't find it.

Read section 10.5.3 in the manual. You may also need to read section IX item 40 of the 3.4 section of the What's New.pdf, depending upon how your Advanced Rule choices are set up.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Silent Hunte

Post by Silent Hunte »

OK, thanks.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”