Hunting the Sluken World Destroyer.

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

ASHBERY76

Hunting the Sluken World Destroyer.

Post by ASHBERY76 »

A small picture AAR showing the dangers of letting the A.I get one.

Oh shit moment as the Earth Alliance gets intel reports that the evil Sluken Hive has recovered an old Shakturi world destroyer and is willing to test it in Human space.

World Destroyer spotted on Alliance sensor net.754 million souls on New Hope are not told of the imminent threat.

I felt a great disturbance,as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

The 2nd Fleet tried to engage but the World Destroyer quickly warped away looking for a new planet to destroy.

Contant lost with the World Destroyer so Earth Alliance recon ships are tasked with searching for the World Destroyer with their long range sensor net.

World Destroyer spotted in the Uta Nebula heading toward Alliance core world China.The 2nd and 3rd Fleet are heading to intercept at haste.

The World Destroyer with its incredible speed reaches China way ahead of the combined Alliance Fleet intercepton task force and blasts its superlaser with horrific results for the 660 millions souls who inhabit the planet.

The combined 2nd and 3rd Fleet led by Grand Admiral Undulian finally intercept for the final battle.The World Destroyers engines are disabled before they could jump away possibly saving a billion human lives.Long range missile bombardment and fighter and bomber attacks win the day in a battle lasting several months across the Faliin system.

Retribution has just begun.[;)]

endoric_MatrixForum

RE: Hunting the Sluken World Destroyer.

Post by endoric_MatrixForum »

nice!

what ship skins are those? BSG? can you link the source for me?
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

Cool! Did all the other AI empires immediately hate/declare war on the Sluken? I've only used the WD once or twice -- just for 'fun' [:D] -- and everyone else immediately hated me.

I love this game, but the concept of a space battle that takes several months doesn't work for me.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Yep, they became evil but their bug allies did not seem to mind which is good.It is also good I can now bombard them to extinction without much reputation loss.Usually battles are over quickly but my fleets used weaker missile and fighters so it took a while.I see it as a abstract operation more than a battle.

Endoric those ships are in the BSG mod.
tm.asp?m=2966686
Igard

Post by Igard »

Awesome! I always panic when this happens to me and throw far too many small fleets at it that are easily despatched by the WD.

Good work stopping it before it got to more worlds!
Cruis.In

Post by Cruis.In »

wait lol i see a battlestar among your fleet there did u design that in game or put it in with a mod? I am new to this game.
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

Nice thread!

Proper after action report [:D]
martok

Post by martok »

Nice AAR, Ashbery. I suppose one should be grateful it only managed to destroy two planets and not more...!

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Return to “After Action Reports”