Out of stock on printed manuals

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Scott Parrino

Out of stock on printed manuals

Post by Scott Parrino »

Hello gents,

We apologize that for the time being, we are currently out of stock on printed manuals for War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition. You can still purchase the game, but it will only come with the PDF E-book version of the manual. We will let you guys know when we get more in stock.

Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
zuluhour

RE: Out of stock on printed manuals

Post by zuluhour »

I would like an 8x10 loose leaf version, lamenated, with all Alfreds "101's" in the back. Tabbed, naturally, and bound in leather.[8D]
Dan Nichols

Post by Dan Nichols »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

I would like an 8x10 loose leaf version, lamenated, with all Alfreds "101's" in the back. Tabbed, naturally, and bound in leather.[8D]

for $10.00 USD please.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

And it's gotta have a photograph of him on a beach with a drink with a little umbrella on one hand and a cute girl under his other arm.
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Oh and it has to be printed in Orange County California by skilled labor using organic paper pulp.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Hmn, wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity to emulate what Apollo 11 did with updating the WiTE PDF manual. I can't imagine that merely ordering a new print run of the original WITE:AE hardcopy manual is going to be an expensive exercise anyway and one which will leave many new purchasers unhappy that it hasn't be updated.

Alfred
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

[:D][:D][:D]
Trade this against the original manual any time. Sorry Matrixgames.
littleike

Post by littleike »

Wow!! This could be a wonderful opportunity to produce at least a revised manual printed with all the quality of the old standard fulfilled of strategic issues like that have been discussed in these years in the forum.

If you ever would decide to make one ( something similar to an A4 format with a spiral binder......slurp...) i would buy it without any doubt also at the price of the overall game!!

I cannot live seeing strategic guides sold here and there for every damned pc game and have nothing related to this gem.

Best wishes....a dreamer!!

Three jet pilot useless things: Sky above you, airstrip behind you and half second ago.
Uncivil Engineer

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

[:D][:D][:D]
Trade this against the original manual any time. Sorry Matrixgames.

AGREE, except it doesn't have to be laminated, nor three-hole punched, nor in a binder. But an update on 8x10 (or 8x11 US standard paper) would be excellent.
Reg

Post by Reg »

My vote would be for loose leaf.

When Patch X.X comes out, remove chapter Y, print out and insert the pdf update file included with the patch and voila... updated manual!!!

Not that it is much of an issue these days since the updates have slowed down....

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

I'd pay for a revised manual...sure I'm not the only one.

Be nice if we could order a 'manual only'. Hint, hint. [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Lcp Purcell

Post by Lcp Purcell »

And please remember this is a game so we are not just reading the manual, we are committing it to memory. (so it needs a better binding)
gunny3013

Post by gunny3013 »

Phoenix Area Office Depot wants $135 to print the WitP-AE Rulebook. Yikes!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

I have some good news on this. Normally when our games go through their print run of manuals, they simply become Digital Express releases. While we had a large print run for WITP-AE, the manuals still sold out. However, we have been talking to several other printers and believe we have a solution to get the WITP-AE manual back in stock (full color, just as before). Because we will be doing a smaller print run, it will require the price of the physical version to be increased, so it will be $20 more than the digital version, but this should allow us to keep the physical version with full color printed manual in stock indefinitely.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

leather bound??[:D]
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Updated?
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

I have some good news on this. Normally when our games go through their print run of manuals, they simply become Digital Express releases. While we had a large print run for WITP-AE, the manuals still sold out. However, we have been talking to several other printers and believe we have a solution to get the WITP-AE manual back in stock (full color, just as before). Because we will be doing a smaller print run, it will require the price of the physical version to be increased, so it will be $20 more than the digital version, but this should allow us to keep the physical version with full color printed manual in stock indefinitely.

Regards,

- Erik

Any thought given to selling the manual independently? For some of us the original manual is falling apart from repeated use and buying a replacement one from Matrix will probably be cheaper than getting it printed locally.

Alfred
MateDow

Post by MateDow »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Any thought given to selling the manual independently? For some of us the original manual is falling apart from repeated use and buying a replacement one from Matrix will probably be cheaper than getting it printed locally.

Alfred

I would second this.

Since it is print on demand, is there a chance of having a spiral bound option? Even if it is a couple of dollars more expensive, I think that is an option that many players would choose.
1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Regards,

- Erik

How much for an autographed version by Michaelm?

If this is an updated version of the manual I'm very interested.

TTFN,

Mike
littleike

Post by littleike »

Well matrix:

1) Now you know you can print color manuals without big money investments

2) You can then satisfy new users.

3) Why not to update and integrate the manual to sell to everyone and satisfy also old players? (You don't know how many new users could buy the game, but you know exactly how many copies of witp-ae has been sold until now! If only ..…40-50%? (i think more ) of the old users would buy an updated version of the manual........!!!!

4) You could print for steps due to the requests of the users (or make a poll before for better safety) to minimize costs.

5) Think to the chance of print additional documentation in the future for this monster game (strategic guides etc.) to sell to an every more percentage of people. (Look at chess game. Pieces and boards cost to a player a fraction of the manuals and books needed to go deeper and deeper into the game)

6) Maybe you want make business only selling games, but i think that this new line of business should not be discarded and now you have the best way to test it. With this game!!

So…..be hungry, be foolish!!! [:D]
Three jet pilot useless things: Sky above you, airstrip behind you and half second ago.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”