More Rising Sun LCGs/DCGs

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

RJL5188

More Rising Sun LCGs/DCGs

Post by RJL5188 »

it amazes me that even when rising sun came out...how sparse it was with scenarios and campaigns. Since i dont know how to make LCGs or DCGs...there are so many campaigns that were overlooked for this expansion. They could have had campaigns in Malaya, New Guinea, Island Hopping, China, Aleutians, among manay other battles in the central or south Pacific. maybe in the next patch...there could be some more campaigns for Rising Sun.
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
MrRoadrunner

RE: More Rising Sun LCGs/DCGs

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Inside the JTCS folder is a "manual" folder. In that folder is a PDF doc that is titled "Creating and Modifying a DCG.

Maybe you can try your hand at it and send it to Jason?
It could be used in the version 1.05 update?

I agree with you. Rising Sun is the red headed stepchild of CS. And, I do believe that all the titles could use more campaigns and scenarios.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
ab5000

Post by ab5000 »

I'd be interested in playing more Rising Sun scenarios...
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Gents:

Over at The Blitz http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/ ... .php?fid=8 we have a dBASE with a large number of player-created Rising Sun scenarios and an active forum community! [:)]

We even have a Rising Sun tournament (The Land of the Rising Sun) underway! [8D]

Why don't you stop by?
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”