Hairy Asian Experiences - GreyJoy (J) vs. Q-Ball (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ny59giants

RE: Let's start!

Post by ny59giants »

CENTPAC: nothing much happened here. We have secured Wake and Marcus with 6,000 men each, providing the bases with AA guns, base forces and Naval garrison units.
In the Marshalls/Gilberts, we're building Tarawa and Makin and fortifying the rest of the japanese bases. My plan here is simply to fortify and wait for the inevitable counterattack.

IMO, the key is holding onto the Gilberts. The bases allow a greater stacking limit and most of the bases have better potential AF and Port. Look at the network south of Tarawa to see what I'm saying. If Brad gets a hold of them, then the rest will be rolled up. Just a matter of how long it would take.
[center]Image[/center]
princep01

Post by princep01 »

Ser Greyjoy, I'd keep sub mining the Cocos Islands.  Many Allied players attempt to hold this island group as a springboard into Java and as a base for scouting Japanese raiding sorties into the Indian Ocean.  Of course they also want to prevent Japanese occupation as Emilys and sister Mavis have a very long reach into the Indian Ocean shipping lanes from that base.

Keep the tempo UP in China.  Your forces will suffer fatigue, but it is victorious fatigue.  His will likewise suffer fatigue, but it will be the demoralizing fatigue of defeat!  Just think of all the LYB divisions that will be freed if you defeat China early.

And keep the Queen happy.  As addicting as WitP is, the Queen's good humor is far more important in both the short and long term.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Sorry for the delay guys, but keeping the Queen's morale up is keeping me busy almost the whole day!

Ok, we reached the 5th of March. Unluckly i'm far beyond any decent timetable.... Java campaign is taking forever to be finished and we got stopped once again at Timor by the Koepang garrison....

We landed the battered Imperial Guard Division in northern Sumatra with the task of clearing the enemy forces from Medan up to Sebang...hopefully this shouldn't be that difficult...

In Burma we landed the 5th at Rangoon, along with 10 AA units, 6 base forces and several engineer units. Our 15th army reached Mandalay where the enemy seems to be willing to make a stand. Akyab has been conquered back by an Indian Bde and now our paras are lost in the woods....we're ready to land the 25th army there, with 2 full divisions and several arty units...The
Kaga's group will cover the landings. He sent 20 B17Es to bomb Rangoon, but got ambushed by 30 Oscars/Zeros...he lost 7 B-17s for not a single bomb hit :-)

In Java we're reaching Sosarbaja, while more forces are massing at Batavia for the final siege.
At Cocos Is. it seems that he reinforced the place. Heavy radio trasmissions caught and several ships spotted there, along with planes.... will have to deal with it sooner than later...

Singapore remains a black hole for what concerns supplies....i'm short of them from Burma to Indochina and Malaya....The fact that rafineries don't produce supplies is really changing the pace of the game. Also i'm short of aviation support and engineers everywhere...DBB is really another kind of game...but i love it because it slows down a lot the pace of operations...

In the aleutinas he sent his CVs to raid my shippings, sinking several transports...probably we're dealing with 2 CVs over there... also several ships are spotted near Ducth Harbour....

The Darwin invasion force is getting close to Makassar....we'll stop at Kendari for refueling and then we'll move south....

KB will raid the sealanes in the I.O. and then will try to raid perth before supporting the Darwin invasion...

In China he evacuated Changsha sector in good order and is now falling back beyond the river....while at Sian our flanking movements have forced him to fled north....probably we'll get the city by the end of next week...without firing a single shot.

We exchanged several blows in the air over Java and over Sian...we ambushed each other pretty well....but i think we won the match....we're slowly pushing his air forces out of China without losing too many pilots...

I know this is not the kind of AAR you'd want...and i'm sorry for that...but untill i come back from my vacations, i won't have the time to do anything more than that....

Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (541.44 KiB) Viewed 50 times
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Attachments
Immagine1.jpg
Immagine1.jpg (502.06 KiB) Viewed 50 times
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Attachments
Immagine2.jpg
Immagine2.jpg (457.68 KiB) Viewed 50 times
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Don´t worry about being behind your schedule! As you said yourself:
ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

DBB is really another kind of game...but i love it because it slows down a lot the pace of operations...
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Writing with the blackberry on a boat in the middle of the meditteranean...not bad! The sun is shining, i just took a dive and now we're cooking a grilled squid!
The only downside is that i'm struggling with the GF to play even a turn per day....[:o]

Anyway, we reached the 7th of march... RO-34 and RO-35 put 4 more torps into BB washington (7 total torps in less than 2 weeks) and now, finally, the bih ship is confirmed sunk!
Enemy CVs spotted near Ndeni, while another 2 CVs attacked a convoy of mine near Attu, sinking 10 transports and a pair of PBs... A lot of enemy ships reported at Ducth Harbour...something is up there!

In Burma we landed two full divisions at Akyab, while the 5th division is joining the 15th army for the push to Mandalay.
In China We got the whole changsha sector without fighting and we're now reordering for the next push.
At Sian we have 2 armies ready to enter into the town, while he's pulling back into the mountains.

The first Nick Sentai arrived at Rangoon. We're already prepping our defensive positions for the upcoming air campaigns.

KB is moving into IO...trying to get to perth without being spotted...
TheLoneGunman_MatrixForum

Post by TheLoneGunman_MatrixForum »

KB is moving into IO...trying to get to perth without being spotted...

It's about time! [:D]
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Writing with the blackberry on a boat in the middle of the meditteranean...not bad! The sun is shining, i just took a dive and now we're cooking a grilled squid!

Splendid day to be alive! You should give thanks to the Almighty (that your Blackberry still works)!
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

i just took a dive and now we're cooking a grilled squid!

Yeah baby! There is no seafood so chewey or slimey that it cannot be salvaged with breading, garlic and hot oil..or maybe vodka

The only downside is that i'm struggling with the GF to play even a turn per day....[:o]
Amen, brudda'. Wait till your married. Then the ejection button gets harder to find.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Yes, the perfect day would be to be free to play your turns below the shade of the first bridge, between a dive and a swimm...while i have to keep on biting my nails to get back to port, pretending to have a diarrhea attack and lock myself in the bathroom to watch, quietly, a turn...

Not that i don't appreciate being here...but i just can't stop thinking about the R&D choices i now have to make with the arrival of april 42... I'll need your help there guys
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

..while i have to keep on biting my nails to get back to port, pretending to have a diarrhea attack and lock myself in the bathroom to watch, quietly, a turn...

OMG! Thats just epic! [:D]
princep01

Post by princep01 »

Ser Greyjoy, for shame.  Forget the game for a bit.  Charm the Queen with your wit and wisdom and enjoy what appears to be a very pleasant trip.  The game will not evaporate in your absence, nor will your estwhile friends on the AAR.  We do, however, perhaps suffer from a bit of envy.

Mandrake does make a salient point regarding the relationship of marriage and our alternative universe lives.  Now a wife/children; that is truly a dose of brutal reality.  But, mercifully, you are not there yet.  Enjoy the moment and let those electronic soldiers idle away their time.  Spend your days in the warm sun and cobalt blue and nights in the bed chamber of the Queen.

Let us hear no more of war until you have returned from R & R.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: princep01

Ser Greyjoy, for shame.  Forget the game for a bit.  Charm the Queen with your wit and wisdom and enjoy what appears to be a very pleasant trip.  The game will not evaporate in your absence, nor will your estwhile friends on the AAR.  We do, however, perhaps suffer from a bit of envy.

Mandrake does make a salient point regarding the relationship of marriage and our alternative universe lives.  Now a wife/children; that is truly a dose of brutal reality.  But, mercifully, you are not there yet.  Enjoy the moment and let those electronic soldiers idle away their time.  Spend your days in the warm sun and cobalt blue and nights in the bed chamber of the Queen.

Let us hear no more of war until you have returned from R & R.

I keep her happy Master, don't worry. I've decided that i do only a turn per day and only early in the morning when she's still asleep....this should save our relationship and keep the game with Q-Ball going on at decent rates... ;-)

10th of March 1942

So the KB adventure in Indian Ocean is already over. The surprise is gone. KB came across a TK convoy and got detected, while my Darwin invasion TF got seen by ducth subs near Kendari....i think he now knows i'm coming for Darwin.... oh well, nothing much i can do at the moment... The KB will move southwards towards Cocos and then will join the operations in southern DEI.
Now i know the positions of allied CVs. 2 of them are operating near Attu island (aleutinas), clearly to prevent me from reinforcing the area, while 2 more are supporting landings at Ndeni (where a pretty big convoy has been spotted).
In Burma our 25th Army took Akyab which is now being fortified with the arrival of base forces and AA guns. Soon we'll have a decent air cover over there. The mini KB is covering the whole operation. No sign of the RN yet in the Bay of Bengal (i guess showing him the KB had been enough to force him not to come and play here).
We entered in Mandalay which is defended by 18k men.... soon we'll get the base.
In China we have conquered Changteh, and now the whole Changsha basin is secured. At Sian we have 1500 AVs into the city, facing 2100 of his AVs...but it seems he's abbandoning the town, so i'll wait a little bit more before attacking anyway.
In Luzon, he ambushed our Sallies with a sneaky move...he probably transfered a P-40 squadron from Java to Balikapan (still in his dirty hands) and from there to Luzon... lost 13 Sallies and 11 Pilots over Manila....
Out of the 90 factories researching the Helen Ia, i have switched 30 to Helen Ib, so i'll keep 60 Helens Ia in production...i'd like to stockpile this plane a bit cause it will form my main air ASW weapon for the whole war (it has the MAD!).
The Rufe factory has been shifted to the A6M5 (30(0)!) as planned.
For what concerns res/oil we discovered a major problem...only 17 days left of resources stocks in Japan!!! I'm short of 79k resources daily!!! i have more than 70k resources shipping from Hokkaido, China and Korea, but it's not enough... i've dispatched 15 Aden calss xAKs...hopefully the production won't be stopped
Anyway...a part from China, Burma and Northern Oz, we're everywhere transitioning from the offensive to the defensive posture... hopefully my offensive campaigns (a part from China) will be over by the end of April 42...
StK

Post by StK »

This AAR is a fantastic read.
Looks like you took some pages out of German strategybooks there in china (^^,) .
Classic "Kesselschlachten" in those plains.

Anyways: subscribed.

P.S: If I try to catch up with the drinking game I have an evening in front of me that won't end well.
Changing ones point of view isn't easy, but it provides one with a different view on the subject.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Doesn't seem to me that Ndeni is defensible in early '42 for the Allies. If he puts substantial forces ashore there they will be future points for Japan until the airfield is built up.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: StK

This AAR is a fantastic read.
Looks like you took some pages out of German strategybooks there in china (^^,) .
Classic "Kesselschlachten" in those plains.

Anyways: subscribed.

P.S: If I try to catch up with the drinking game I have an evening in front of me that won't end well.

Oh good! A new Olympic sport - synchronized drinking! I could get into that! Cheers!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Ndeni makes a good "speed bump" and if its heavily reinforced it will certainly require quite a major effort by the Japanese.

I'm surprised that you are not staying around the Bay of Bengal with the KB, it certainly will stop him from doing a lot around there.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Don't know if he's reinforcing Ndeni. I'll recon it next turn. For sure we've spotted 4 units at Lungaville.
However i know that part of the map pretty well. Ndeni can be built up to level 4 AF...not enough to mount a strong 4E offensive. I don't plan to counterinvade there. I want to prepare my defensive positions around Munda. Let it come...i'll be ready.
In a couple of weeks Lunga, tulagi and Munda will be able to host 150 torpedo bombers and 150 fighters...Lunga and tulagi already have 2 forts and will reach 3 very soon...with 130 AVs each for the moment and more coming in...let him come
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

At darwin i'm going completely blind. Don't know how much he has there...i'm bringing 3 divisions, 3 artillery units and the 16th army HQ...hope it's enough... 4 BBs will be embedded with the amphib TF to suck the shells of the CD guns present there...KB will join the party if needed in 10 days hopefully

Return to “After Action Reports”