Erm... still no patch?

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Redmarkus5

Erm... still no patch?

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Did I miss the thread or has Matrix STILL not uploaded a patch for this game???
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Dane49

RE: Erm... still no patch?

Post by Dane49 »

There has been no mention as of late from Matrix about the update patch,eventhough many people have inquired on this forum.No official Matrix word that they are even trying.I think you can still get it from Gamersgate and should work with the Matrix bought version.But,don't quote Me on that.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

In addition, still no word on any of the DLC's. I know I can purchase from Gamers Gate, but I'd like a more straight forward Matrix download.
I support the right to arm bears!
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Good luck!
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

A bit of a joke really. Are they serious?
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

A bit of a joke really. Are they serious?

I'm serious. I hope Matrix (and Graviteam) are serious about supporting this great series.
I support the right to arm bears!
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

I don't know about Matrix but Graviteam is still very active in promoting this game.Gamersgate would be your best bet for staying current on patches and future DLC's.At least with Gamersgate they post all of Graviteams releases the same day that Graviteam releases them.Matrix so far,doesn't seem to acknowledge that they even exist and in My opiniom are making no effort to correct this.
mbar

Post by mbar »

ORIGINAL: Dane49

I don't know about Matrix but Graviteam is still very active in promoting this game.Gamersgate would be your best bet for staying current on patches and future DLC's.At least with Gamersgate they post all of Graviteams releases the same day that Graviteam releases them.Matrix so far,doesn't seem to acknowledge that they even exist and in My opiniom are making no effort to correct this.

I've blown off 2 sales at GamersGate for APOS and DLC waiting for Matrix to come around.

Next sale I'm buying.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

It was explained in another thread that because APOS is not exclusive to Matrix for distribution that they have no say in ui,patches,development, future DLC's or anything.This is just a title they are selling thats it.The patch is available from Graviteam website and there are threads here that explain the install process in detail.I was hoping the install would be as simple as clicking "update" on the game screen,that was a reason I bought here,but next time I know.If a game is available here and on GG,I will go with GG.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Thankfully,Graviteam does not have an exclusive deal with Matrix.From where I'm sitting all I've seen from Matrix concerning this issue are empty promises about needing more time to be able offer patches and updates and new DLCs,but that they would be available in the near future.Matrix has fumbled the ball here,and it looks to me as if they are making no effort as of late to recover it,or even acknowledge that the ball has been fumbled.Soon(Most likely next month) there is going to be a new patch and update,plus more DLCs for this game in the very near future.GamersGate is the only place I would recommend to not only purchase these additions but also the place to go for all current patches and updates,now and in the future.I'm thankful that this game is not exclusive to Matrix,or we probably would never see any of the new stuff Graviteam is working on and has already released.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Does GG version have simple patch install?
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Once you figure out how the patching process works,than yes it is fairly simple.I admit I had some problems trying to figure out how to do this initially,and had to read the Graviteam forums 3-4 times before I could comprehend how this was actually done.Now that I've done it few times it is no longer a chore and quite painless.But,as it stands now,it's either learn the updating process or do without.Those seem to be the only two options available for the time being.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

I posted on this earlier - we are still working on our version of the update. In the meantime the Graviteam update, while the process is cumbersome, works fine with our release as well. I'm sorry again that it is taking so long.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Well,that's good news[8D].One thing to remember though for those of you who have no interest in learning the patch and update process.Mods and campaign editing follow some of the same principals as manual updating.If you don't learn the basics in this regard,then you will not be able to take advantage of any mods or have any hope of being able to edit or mod this game yourself.So in my opinion it is essential to understand and learn at least the rudimentary basics on how this process works or you will be cutting yourself short on some very decent mods that are currently available.Night Postmans uniform mods are excellent and very well crafted,along with J Mass's order of battle mod which adds more options in quick battle selections as far as different platoon and unit types,giving you a wider selection and variety for order of battle selections.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

I posted on this earlier - we are still working on our version of the update. In the meantime the Graviteam update, while the process is cumbersome, works fine with our release as well. I'm sorry again that it is taking so long.

Regards,

- Erik
6 months later nothing,I bought here because of simple quick updates,thanks Matrix
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

I think it's pretty much an established fact now,that Matrix has done all they are going to do for this game and have no further plans to support this game.

Gamersgate is about the only place to buy this game with current up to date versions and patches.Your wasting your time here waiting on Matrix.

Graviteam seems to prefer to sell its products thru Gamersgate also,so I think it would be a good idea to purchase there now and in the near future.

Your whipping a dead horse here if your expecting Matrix to update your game,offer the latest releases or even respond to inquiries.
flashburn

Post by flashburn »

Quite perplexing........ In so far as this majic patch deal.......or NOT hosting newer patches. OR DLC. So unless this MAtrix is apos is selling really badly? And does not justify the time? Or perhaps seen as threat to other titles? Or plain stupid? Who knows. But gamers gate has become the place to buy for APOS series. And always patches are up to date. To bad..........I think Matirix made some wierd choice here.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”