No staff for Romanian Army HQ

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Grotius

No staff for Romanian Army HQ

Post by Grotius »

I created a Romanian Army HQ around Turn 5, hoping it would gradually fill with staff and other replacements. But as of Turn 14, it's still empty, and the Romanians are starting to make noise about getting their troops under their own Army HQ. I see 800 Romanian Staff at OKH, but it doesn't seem to be moving to the HQ. I seem to have the Army HQ on the correct Replacement-request setting -- it says 25 (100). (Not quite sure what that means, but it looks like the highest setting short of Priority.)

Is the problem that no Replacements arrive at all for Romania until Spirit is 75 or more (Manual, p. 91)? Romania is at 70 now. EDIT: I see no Romanian staff at OKH, but I do see Italian and Hungarian staff.

Should I set the Romanian Army HQ to Priority replacements? I'm reluctant to do that because I certainly don't want it to get infantry or anything before line troops do.

Also, can I attach HQs to my "shell" army HQ now, or should I just wait til spirit hits 75? I'm inclined to wait, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance.
Keunert

RE: No staff for Romanian Army HQ

Post by Keunert »

25% is actually the lowest priority setting. put it on 100% or else your new HQ will only get staff when all other HQ have reached full TOE. you army HQ will get some infantry but only as much as the TOE asks for.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Also, why is there no hungarian officier available for a new hungarian army HQ?
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

Manu, I had no trouble finding a Hungarian officer. I had two or three to choose from by turn 4 or 5, as I recall. Some do arrive as the game progresses; I had some arrive on Turn 2 and 3, I think.

I set my Romanian Army HQ's replacements to PRIORITY, and still it is an empty shell, after several turns of sitting there doing nothing. There are no Romanian staff replacements at OKH. My only guess is that replacements to minors supposedly don't start moving until I get to Spirit 75, and I'm still at Spirit 71 or so. I'm starting to get worried, though. Right now my supposed Army HQ has a combat bonus of 0%. :(

Vic, is this working as designed?

Kensai83

Post by Kensai83 »

You maybe havn't joined the Romanian HQ under the command of the OKH?!
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

I'm pretty sure it is under the command of OKH, but I'll double-check. It's an Army, so I would think it would report to OKH by default.

Should I try attaching some Romanians to it? I just worry about degrading their fighting ability if they're attached to a shell of an Army.

Has no one else had any experience creating a Romanian Army HQ? It seems like a requirement for the German player in "Case Blue," no?
anonymous1

Post by anonymous1 »

You can try to assign a Romanian corps to it, and check the HQ Bonus of divisions under the corps, if it doesn't change, then it works.

I remember i have seen staff transferred from Italy and Hungry army HQ without direct battle units to corps HQ.
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

OK, once my Romanian Spirit hit 75, I immediately received 100 staff as replacements at my Romanian Army HQ. The manual does say minors don't get replacements until they hit Spirit 75, and I guess I should've trusted the manual. Anyway, now my shiny new HQ is in business!

Er, I haven't attached anything to it yet, though. I will do so before Romania's spirit hits 80. But I'm not looking forward to the resultant diminution in my Romanians' fighting power!

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”