Fatal Years 1.07 available

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Chilperic

Fatal Years 1.07 available

Post by Chilperic »

A first VERY beta version of Fatal Years 1.07 is now available on my blog ( see my sig).
Play it only if bugs doesn't matter ;-)

Much remains to do, for texts, AI tweaking and possible bugs. Once again, this first release isn't the definitive version. It will just help me to get some betatest from others.

There's no changelog ( no time). Manual is outdated in some parts, mainly for Siberian faction. I will update it when the event costs and results will have been written in stone. The blog has some descriptions for the new Siberian rules.

Installation:

First, you should create a copy of your Revolution under Siege version 1.05 directory, so a copy will be left untouched by the mod, and the second modded.There are no side effects as having several copies of any AGEOD game based on the AGE engine ( BOA, WIA, NCP, AACW, ROP And RUS of course)

The modded copy should have as path C:\ Revolution under siege mod. This path will be the one used for installation. If you choose to apply the mod to the normal directory, or to give another name to the second RUS folder, you will have to enter the new path manually when prompted.

Then

1) Unrar contents of the archive in the C:\ Revolution under siege mod\

2) Launch FY.exe

3) Follow the instructions ;-). When prompted click yes to all.

If the mod isn't properly installed? That's certainly because the path of your RUS folder isn't the default one, C:\ Revolution under siege mod. The path could be C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution under Siege or C:\Program Files\Revolution under Siege.

It could be C:Revolution under Siege or D:\Revolution under Siege. In such a case, just enter the right path when prompted.

Important: there's a movie showing step by step install of the mod here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtU0m_oZ ... r_embedded

For support, you may send a email at:

fatalyearssup@yahoo.fr

------------

Note for Agelint users:

1) many of the offical event files aren't anymore in use in Fatal Years. My mod is based on these event files:

RUS FlavorEvents.sct
RUS All Scenarios.sct
RUS F5 Diplomatic Options RED-DOWs.sct
RUS F5 Diplomatic Options WHI-DOWs.sct
RUS Poland Auto DOW.sct
RUS F4 Options Politics.sct
RaiseMoney.sct
RUS F6 Options Various.sct
RUS F3 Options Reinforcements.sct
RUS F3 Options Leaders Reinforcements.sct
RUSSiberianearlypath.sct
RGDAI.sct
FinlandSetup.sct
BalticSetup.sct
RomaniaSetup.sct
PolandSetup.sct
CaucasusSetup.sct
ANAAI.sct
GRNAI.sct
UKRAI.sct
REDAI1918.sct
REDAI1918_2.sct
REDAI1918_3.sct
REDAI1918_4.sct
REDAI1918_5.sct
REDAI1918_6.sct
REDAI1918_7.sct
REDAI1918_8.sct
WH3AI.sct
WHIAI.sct
WHIAI2.sct
WHIAI_3.sct
WH3AI_2.sct
AIAggro_WHI.sct
AIAggro_Red.sct
AIAggro_WH3.sct
AIGar.sct
POLAI.sct
POLAI_2.sct
GERAI.sct
RUS MutWhitesinfo.sct
Arkhangelsk.sct
Redleaders.sct
WhiteLeaders.sct
ANMAI.sct
FRAAI.sct
REDAICZECHLEGION.sct
WHAICZECHLEGION.sct
RUS All Includes.sct

FY doesn't use too all the .inc and .script files

Any other error than those in the fY files will not be fixed by me, unless I need to integrate them in a future FY version.

2) In the fY files, a few warning and error messages remains. Some are genrated by new commands not recognized by agelint. Others are yet under scrutiny to determine if they are really bugs.
berto

RE: Fatal Years 1.07 available

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Chliperic

2) In the fY files, a few warning and error messages remains. Some are genrated by new commands not recognized by agelint. Others are yet under scrutiny to determine if they are really bugs.
I am reopening the AGElint thread here at the Matrix Forum, also returning to active AGElint development.

You can report AGElint bugs/issues here or in the separate AGElint thread. Probably RUS/FY specific discussion should go here.

You can expect soon to see a new AGElint release, with (perhaps among other things) two new checking scripts:
  • chkregions.pl (to check $GAMEDIR/GameData/Regions vs. $GAMEDIR/Aliases/Regions.ini)
  • chkareas.pl (to check $GAMEDIR/Aliases/Regions.ini vs. $GAMEDIR/GameData/Areas.ini)
I will be posting some RUS 1.05/FY 1.07 results here soon. And soon after that, you will be able to verify those results directly yourself.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Chilperic

Post by Chilperic »

FYI, I've fixed a large part of the bugs remaining.

One interesting add would be to alert when an event with message number set to 1 or 2 haven't an alias region , because no message will be displayed.

The main new command is mapAlea one.
Chilperic

Post by Chilperic »

AbsorbFaction = RED;0;0;100;100;0;100;0;$Area_Azerbaijan is working: false alarm in agelint. The same for AI.SetParams = aiLRV_HarborValCoef;75;aiLRV_RailVal;20;aiLRV_DestRailVal;20

berto

Fatal Years 1.07 bugs

Post by berto »

A couple of minor errors in RUS 1.05/FY 1.07:

[root@berto agelint]# ./chkareas.pl +i -g rus

in /media/KINGSTON/Games/AGEOD/Revolution under Siege FY/RUS/GameData/Areas.ini:

unknown alias $Lebedyn in area EventArea_GermanOccupation2

In Areas.ini, note the superfluous extra $ in $$Lebedyn:

// Area #149
{Area}
UID = $EventArea_GermanOccupation2
Name = $EventArea_GermanOccupation2
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Dymer|$Kiev|$Kaniv|$Nijyn|$Poltava|$Lubny|$Kremenchuk|$$Lebedyn|$Krasnokutsk|$Mahdalynivka|$Karlivka|$Novomoskovsk|$Brovary|$Boryspil|$Pryluky|$Lokhvitsa|$Pereiaslav|$Bakhmach|$Konotop|$Nossivka|$Borzna|$Shostka
{/Area}

comparing /media/KINGSTON/Games/AGEOD/Revolution under Siege FY/RUS/Aliases/Regions.ini with /media/KINGSTON/Games/AGEOD/Revolution under Siege FY/RUS/GameData/Areas.ini:

alias aleksandrovsk not assigned in weather area

[root@berto Aliases]# egrep -i androvsk Regions.ini
$Alexandrovsk = 526
$Aleksandrovsk = 1604

In Areas.ini, $Alexandrovsk (x) has been assigned correctly to weather Area #100, Steppe:

// Area #100
{Area}
UID = $area_Weather_Steppe
Name = Weather_nam_Steppe
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Danube|$Komrat|$Ismail|$Kagul|$Galati|$Focsani|$Braila|$Sulina|$Tulcea|$Babadag|$Sarata|$Chisinau|$Bilhorod|$Prut Confluent|$Danube Estuary|$Constanta|$Buzau|$Calarasi|$Bucuresti|$Odessa|$Rozdilna|$Nikolaiev|$Berezvika|$Tiraspol|$Olviopol|$Nova Odessa|$Ochakov|$Kherson|$Inulets|$Krivoi Rog|$Elizavetgrad|$Dolynska|$Oleksandria|$Bug|$Nikopol|$Ekaterinoslav|$Lyssytchansk|$Lugansk|$Enakievo|$Makeievka|$Dobropole|$Pavlograd|$Alexandrovsk|...

But $Aleksandrovsk (ks) is not assigned to any weather area.

$Aleksandrovsk should be assigned to weather Area #96, Subarctic.

There may be other errors, but those are the few I've positively identified so far.
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Chilperic

RE: Fatal Years 1.07 bugs

Post by Chilperic »

Thanks. Will be fixed in the next release, when I will have achieved to implement White brigades recruitment to ease micromanagement.
Chilperic

Ivan Sorokin the useful troublemaker

Post by Chilperic »

Sorokin is the 3 star Red leader in Kuban at start of the Great Campaign.

A short description of his nefast influence may be found in Peter Kenez, Civil War in South Russia, 1918:

“A. I. Avtonomov, Commander-in-Chief of the Red troops in the Northern Caucasus, was dismissed at the end of May because of his inability to cooperate with the civilian leaders of the district Soviet in Ekaterinodar.” Of the two men who were competing for Avtonomov’s job, I. L. Sorokin and K. I. Kalnin, Kalnin was successful. In rnid-June, Kalnin was stationed in the area of Torgovaia and Tikhoretskaia with ten thousand men. It was this group which was to bear the brunt of the fighting against the Volunteer Army. The largest and best Soviet forces, under Sorokin, faced the Germans near Rostov.” Sorokin took cruel revenge on his successful rival when he disobeyed his commander at the time of the crucial battle and did not send reinforcements. The heroism of the volunteer troops and the leadership of their commanders deserve admiration, but their victory against an enemy who was almost ten times stronger can only be understood if one keeps in mind the Red Army’s disorder and lack of discipline.”

This source is confirmed by other, as Evan Mawdsley’s The Russian Civil War.

Let’s add Sorokin killed another Red commander in the next weeks, did a putsch against the Soviet of the local Red Republic, shortly before his murder by his own soldiers.

In game terms, it will be translated by events fixing randomly during the very first turns some of the Red units in Kuban , to portray disorder and disobedience.

Evan Mawdsley points out Sorokin was backed by Stalin,as the latter saw in the former a true “revolutionary general” he favored over ex-Tzarist officers. This episode must be replaced in the broader context of the Stalin opposition to the Trotsky military reform, taking place in the same months.

Red player will have the option to fire Sorokin, to the condition the Military reform option has been enforced and with a cost of 3 EPs. Sorokin will be removed from play, the fixing events will be disabled. However, such a blow over Stalin preference will have negative consequence, Stalin and “Stalinist” Red leaders being fixed for 1 to 3 turns, the NM being negatively impacted too (-3 NM). Last, the bickering between Stalin and Trotsky may cost randomly yet more EPs losses in the 5 next turns ( low risk though).

These new features should portray accurately the situation in the Kuban, at a period where Moscow had yet little control over a decentralized army and State, but it should let the player with a choice. But it will not be possible to merge as easily Tzaritsyn forces with Kuban ones…
Chilperic

RE: Ivan Sorokin the useful troublemaker

Post by Chilperic »

Playing Reds against White AIs, situation late July 18:

Perm is White

Kazan is White:

Saratov is menaced:

Ekaterinodar is White

Northern Caucasus is a mess:

Kirov was coming to rescue my forces at Baku, under Turkish siege, but the White putsch has succeeded this turn. In the same time, Northern Caucasus groups revolt is rising and White Cossacks have formed bands on my rear.
berto

FY install advice

Post by berto »

A caution:

I have been updating and updating my RUS/FY installation with each new daily 1.07 release. And following all install instructions to the letter (in particular the requirement to delete the Abilities folder early in the release sequence).

After updating to today's FY 1.07 release, after launching the game, I took the trouble to inspect the !Main log.txt file. Uh oh, quite a few errors.

So, I:
  • reinstalled the original game
  • patched to 1.05b_RC3
  • launched the game, and started the GC
  • inspected the game log, and found zero errors
  • exited the game
  • cleared the Units & Models cache files
  • installed the very latest (20120817) FY 1.07
  • launched the game, and started the GC (exact same steps as before)
  • inspected the game logs, and found zero errors
A word of advice: Don't just patch and patch and patch. To be safe, patch then install FY over a fresh install. Otherwise, strange results might be seen, and reported.
Chilperic

RE: FY install advice

Post by Chilperic »

Sure, a fresh install is always a good thing from time to time, but I don't do it each time myself, the reproted errors in the main log having no consequence either on possible game crashes, or on gameplay. Most of the messages are concerning graphic files not found, but I've not seen any consequence on screen, or renaming of leaders, when I use some events with unit names without trouble.

Doing a fresh install for the first time FY is installed is recommended, the next versions don't require it.
berto

missing localizations

Post by berto »

In my current Southern Whites game, from time to time I am seeing various missing localizations.

I could report these piecemeal, one by one, as I see them. But that gets to be tedious, and is inefficient. A better way, I think, is to have AGElint identify the missing localizations, then fix them en masse. (At least the most visible and most important ones.)

What do you prefer?

Also, I am busy now, but in a week or two I could return to correcting spelling and grammar in the local strings file. Does that fit your plans?
Chilperic

RE: missing localizations

Post by Chilperic »

An automated agelint process has my preference, of course

For spelling and grammar, I may wait. Some balance adjustments needs to alter some strings so better to do the thing in the right way.

Thanks[:)]
berto

Baku capture VP spike

Post by berto »

Late August 1918: "Southern Whites has annexed Communists in Azerbaijan!" "Following the annexation, 122 soldiers companies joined your ranks, you gained 266 prestige, ..." Southern Whites VPs spiked upward from -10 to 262. Is this WAD?!

Attachments
FY107LateA..uVPSpike.jpg
FY107LateA..uVPSpike.jpg (103.34 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Chilperic

RE: Baku capture VP spike

Post by Chilperic »

Oh, you just got your hand on the first oil fields in the world at this period...[:)]

Kidding aside, provisional. Prestige is computed from the objective value and Baku is very high, alegacy of the offcial game. I will modify this value, but I'm waiting more insight before modifying this.

And remember if the Army of Islam occupies Baku, you will lose as much......
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Chliperic

Note for Agelint users:

1) many of the offical event files aren't anymore in use in Fatal Years. My mod is based on these event files:

RUS FlavorEvents.sct
RUS All Scenarios.sct
RUS F5 Diplomatic Options RED-DOWs.sct
RUS F5 Diplomatic Options WHI-DOWs.sct
RUS Poland Auto DOW.sct
RUS F4 Options Politics.sct
RaiseMoney.sct
RUS F6 Options Various.sct
RUS F3 Options Reinforcements.sct
RUS F3 Options Leaders Reinforcements.sct
RUSSiberianearlypath.sct
RGDAI.sct
FinlandSetup.sct
BalticSetup.sct
RomaniaSetup.sct
PolandSetup.sct
CaucasusSetup.sct
ANAAI.sct
GRNAI.sct
UKRAI.sct
REDAI1918.sct
REDAI1918_2.sct
REDAI1918_3.sct
REDAI1918_4.sct
REDAI1918_5.sct
REDAI1918_6.sct
REDAI1918_7.sct
REDAI1918_8.sct
WH3AI.sct
WHIAI.sct
WHIAI2.sct
WHIAI_3.sct
WH3AI_2.sct
AIAggro_WHI.sct
AIAggro_Red.sct
AIAggro_WH3.sct
AIGar.sct
POLAI.sct
POLAI_2.sct
GERAI.sct
RUS MutWhitesinfo.sct
Arkhangelsk.sct
Redleaders.sct
WhiteLeaders.sct
ANMAI.sct
FRAAI.sct
REDAICZECHLEGION.sct
WHAICZECHLEGION.sct
RUS All Includes.sct

FY doesn't use too all the .inc and .script files
So as to reduce the number of irrelevant errors (false positives, due to files not used in your mod), are you remembering to use the AGElint excludes.rus.dat feature?

Based on what you wrote, I have prepared the following suggested excludes.rus.dat file:

[root@berto agelint]# cat excludes.rus.dat
# rus excludes
(Test|Parse|Samples)
Scripts/Script.ini
Scripts/ScriptDrang1921.ini
Scripts/ScriptFinland1918.ini
Scripts/ScriptGrandCampaign.ini
Scripts/ScriptIceMarch1917.ini
Scripts/ScriptMay1919.ini
Scripts/ScriptNovember1918.ini
Scripts/ScriptPoland1920.ini
Scripts/Script_T1.ini
Scripts/Script_T2.ini
Scripts/Script_T3.ini
Scripts/ScriptPostParse.txt
Scripts/ScriptPreParse.txt
Scripts/ScriptReport4044.txt
Scripts/ScriptReport4045.txt
Scripts/ScriptReport4046.txt
Scripts/ScriptReport4047.txt
Scripts/ScriptReport4048.txt
Includes/AICmnGuide.inc
Includes/AdvRevolts.inc
Includes/Cities1920.inc
Includes/CitiesDrang1921.inc
Includes/CitiesFinland1918.inc
Includes/CitiesRussia1917.inc
Includes/CitiesRussia1918.inc
Includes/CitiesRussia1918Nov.inc
Includes/CitiesRussia1919.inc
Includes/CitiesTutorial.inc
Includes/RED_Garrisons.inc
Includes/RED_RiverTransports.inc
Includes/RUS Drang AutoGarrison.inc
Includes/RUS Drang Bolshevik Garrisons.inc
Includes/RUS Drang RiverTransports.inc
Includes/RUS Reds Campaigns AutoGarrison.inc
Includes/Subfactions1921.inc
Includes/SubfactionsCzechLegion18.inc
Includes/SubfactionsFinland18.inc
Includes/SubfactionsIceMarch17.inc
Includes/SubfactionsMay19.inc
Includes/SubfactionsNovember18.inc
Includes/SubfactionsPoland20.inc
Events/01Tutorial.sct
Events/03Tutorial.sct
Events/1-IceMarch1917.sct
Events/2-CzechLegion1918.sct
Events/2-CzechLegion1918Demo.sct
Events/3-November1918.sct
Events/4-May1919.sct
Events/5-Finland1918.sct
Events/6-Poland1920.sct
Events/7-Drang1921.sct
Events/AI Training.sct
Events/AIGar2.sct
Events/AI_Finland1918.sct
Events/AigarPolishrussowar.sct
Events/Allies Withdraw.sct
Events/Drang_RGDAI.sct
Events/Grand Campaign.sct
Events/POLAIrpwar.sct
Events/POLAIrussopolishwar.sct
Events/REDAI1918_3K.sct
Events/REDAI1918_4K.sct
Events/REDAI1918_5K.sct
Events/REDAI1918_6K.sct
Events/REDAIICEMARCH.sct
Events/REDPolishrussowar.sct
Events/REDPolishrussowar2.sct
Events/RUS Drang AI Options.sct
Events/RUS Drang Balance.sct
Events/RUS Drang Bolshevik DOWs.sct
Events/RUS Drang Centrals DOWs.sct
Events/RUS Drang Misc Events.sct
Events/RUS Drang Options Diplomacy.sct
Events/RUS Drang Options Politics.sct
Events/RUS Drang Options Reinforcements.sct
Events/RUS Drang Options Various.sct
Events/RUS Drang Strikes Insurrections.sct
Events/RUS DrangMultiChoices.sct
Events/RUS F3 Options Leaders Reinforcements GC.sct
Events/RUS F6 Options Various POL.sct
Events/RUS F6 Options Various RED.sct
Events/RegistrySamples.sct
Events/WH3IKolchak.sct
Events/WHAIKolchak.sct

Does that agree with your own?
I am updating AGElint to incorporate AddMapAlea and any other new commands. I am still working on chkareas.pl & chkregions.pl.

Before too long, maybe I will issue a new AGElint release.
berto

dochk

Post by berto »

A reminder:

If you are working on individual Events files, invoking agelint (the program) directly is probably the best way to go.

But if you want to check everything in your mod (not just individual Events files), you should use dochk, as in:

[root@berto agelint]# ./dochk -h
usage: dochk [+G] [-z] <GAME> <VRSN> [<DATE>]

[root@berto agelint]# ./dochk rus FY107
doing chklint...
doing chkaliases...
doing chklocals...
doing chkimages...
doing chkfiles...
doing chkselfac...
doing chkselreg...

report files generated:

chkaliases_rus_FY107_20120824_lst.txt
chkaliases_rus_FY107_20120824_pat.txt
chkaliases_rus_FY107_20120824_rpt.txt
chkaliases_rus_FY107_20120824_sorted_rpt.txt
chkfiles_rus_FY107_20120824_lst.txt
chkfiles_rus_FY107_20120824_rpt.txt
chkfiles_rus_FY107_20120824_sorted_rpt.txt
chkimages_rus_FY107_20120824_lst.txt
chkimages_rus_FY107_20120824_rpt.txt
chkimages_rus_FY107_20120824_sorted_rpt.txt
chklint_rus_FY107_20120824_error_rpt.txt
chklint_rus_FY107_20120824_warning_rpt.txt
chklocals_rus_FY107_20120824_lst.txt
chklocals_rus_FY107_20120824_rpt.txt
chklocals_rus_FY107_20120824_sorted_rpt.txt
chkselfac_rus_FY107_20120824_lst.txt
chkselfac_rus_FY107_20120824_rpt.txt
chkselfac_rus_FY107_20120824_sorted_rpt.txt
chkselreg_rus_FY107_20120824_lst.txt
chkselreg_rus_FY107_20120824_rpt.txt
chkselreg_rus_FY107_20120824_sorted_rpt.txt

Then use your preferred text editor to inspect the *_rpt.txt files that interest you.
berto

RE: dochk

Post by berto »

Some errors I've found in the latest FY 1.07:

Events/RUS F5 Diplomatic Options WHI-DOWs.sct, Sun Aug 19 2012 15:20:38

ERROR: in Events/RUS F5 Diplomatic Options WHI-DOWs.sct, at (or near) line 191: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #e# (0x65), #eevt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory#

in event evt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory_VP_loss:

182 Conditions^M
183 MinDate = 1919/01/01^M
184 EvalEvent = evt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory;=;1^M
185 EvalEvent = evt_nam_WHI_BalticJoin_TrackerforWHIAIRegionalInterest;=;1^M
186 ^M
187 Actions^M
188 ^M
189 SetEvtOccurs = evt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory;CuOccurs;0^M
190 ChgFacEngagementPts = -2^M
191> SetEvtOccurs = eevt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory;CuOccurs;1^M
192 ^M
193 EndEvent^M
194 ^M
195 SelectFaction = $WHI^M
196 SelectRegion = $Riga^M
197 ^M
198 SelectFaction = $WHI^M
199 SelectRegion = $Riga^M
200 StartEvent = evt_nam_WHI_IndependanceRecognition_Generate|1|0|NULL|NULL|$Riga|NULL^M

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/SetEvtOccurs

Syntax: SetEvtOccurs = EventName; OccParam; Value

eevt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory (double 'e') should be evt_nam_GER_Freikorpvictory (single 'e'), of course.

Events/REDAI1918_3.sct, Thu Jan 5 2012 12:40:10

ERROR: in Events/REDAI1918_3.sct, at (or near) line 1265: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #S# (0x53), #Shakhty#

in event evt_nam_RedrestAIeventsplan23fromnov18:

1256 CheckAILevel = 1^M
1257 EvalEvent = evt_nam_REDplan4southfromnov18;=;1;^M
1258 Probability = 60^M
1259 MinDate = 1918/11/01^M
1260 MaxDate = 1922/12/01^M
1261 ^M
1262 Actions^M
1263 ^M
1264 ChgEvtOccurs = evt_nam_REDplan4southfromnov18;CuOccurs;-1;^M
1265> AI.SetLocalInterest = $Chertkovo;5;$Glubokiy ;5;$Viochenskaya;5;$Balashov;5;$Serafimovich;5;$Kletskiy;5;$Perelazovski;5;$Chernyshkovskiy;5;$Morozovsk;5;$Nizhniy Chir;5;Shakhty;5;$Tsimlyansk;5;$Logovskiy;5;$Yashalta;5;$Zimovniki;5;$Maloorlovskiy;5;$Solenovskaya;5;$Semikarakorski;5;$Bataisk;5;$Azov;5;$Zernograd;5;$Stefanidinodar;5;$Salsk;5;$Don Estuary;5;$Lower Donets;5;$Don River;5;$Khoper Confluent;5;$Middle Don;5;$Orlovskiy;5;$Tikhiy;5;$Belaya-Kalitva;5;$Kugoyeyskaya;5;^M
1266 AI.SetLocalInterest = $Novocherkassk;5;$Rostov;5;$Taganrog;5;$Donetsk ;5;$Makeievka ;5;^M
1267 ^M
1268 EndEvent^M
1269 ^M
1270 ^M
1271 ^M
1272 SelectFaction = $RED^M
1273 StartEvent = evt_nam_RedrestAIeventsplan23fromnov18a|999|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL^M
1274 ^M

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AI.SetLocalInterest

Syntax: AI.SetLocalInterest = RegionUID1|Coeff1|RegionUID2|Coeff2 ..

Missing '$' before Shakhty.

ERROR: in Events/REDAI1918_3.sct, at (or near) line 1480: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #S# (0x53), #Shakhty#

in event evt_nam_REDplan4southfromnov18:

1471 CheckAILevel = 1^M
1472 ^M
1473 EvalRgnOwned = $Voronezh^M
1474 ^M
1475 EvalRgnOwned = $Liski^M
1476 MinDate = 1918/10/01^M
1477 MaxDate = 1922/12/01^M
1478 ^M
1479 Actions^M
1480> AI.SetLocalInterest = $Chertkovo;200;$Glubokiy ;200;$Viochenskaya;200;$Balashov;200;$Serafimovich;200;$Kletskiy;200;$Perelazovski;200;$Chernyshkovskiy;200;$Morozovsk;200;$Nizhniy Chir;200;Shakhty;200;$Tsimlyansk;200;$Logovskiy;200;$Yashalta;200;$Zimovniki;200;$Maloorlovskiy;200;$Solenovskaya;200;$Semikarakorski;200;$Bataisk;200;$Azov;200;$Zernograd;200;$Stefanidinodar;200;$Salsk;200;$Don Estuary;200;$Lower Donets;200;$Don River;200;$Khoper Confluent;200;$Middle Don;200;$Orlovskiy;200;$Tikhiy;200;$Belaya-Kalitva;200;$Kugoyeyskaya;200;^M
1481 AI.SetLocalInterest = $Novocherkassk;200;$Rostov;200;$Taganrog;200;$Donetsk ;200;$Makeievka ;200;^M
1482 ^M
1483 EndEvent^M
1484 ^M
1485 SelectFaction = $RED^M
1486 StartEvent = evt_nam_REDplan4southfromnov18a|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL^M
1487 ^M
1488 Conditions^M
1489 TurnIndex = 7;13;19^M

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AI.SetLocalInterest

Syntax: AI.SetLocalInterest = RegionUID1|Coeff1|RegionUID2|Coeff2 ..

Same error as before.

Events/RUS F6 Options Various.sct, Mon Aug 6 2012 10:40:00

ERROR: in Events/RUS F6 Options Various.sct, at (or near) line 164: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #e# (0x65), #evt_RED_nam_PetrogradTankTimer#

in event evt_nam_RED_PetrogradTankFactoryCompleted:

155 ^M
156 SelectFaction = $RED^M
157 SelectRegion = $Petrograd^M
158 StartEvent = evt_nam_RED_PetrogradTankFactoryCompleted|1|2|evt_txt_RED_PetrogradTankFactoryCompleted|Event-img_RED_TankFactoryCompleted|$Petrograd|NULL^M
159 ^M
160 Conditions^M
161 MinDate = 1919/06/01^M
162 ^M
163 EvalRgnOwned = $Petrograd^M
164> EvalEvent = evt_RED_nam_PetrogradTankTimer;=;10^M
165 ^M
166 Actions^M
167 DescEvent = evt_desc_RED_PetrogradTankFactoryCompleted^M
168 ^M
169 CreateStruc^M
170 SetType = $TANKFACTORY^M
171 SetName = Kirov Armor Works^M
172 Apply^M
173 RemDynGraphic = $Petrograd;Icon_IndusConstr.png^M

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/EvalEvent

Syntax: EvalEvent = EventName; Condition; NumOccurs

evt_RED_nam_PetrogradTankTimer should instead be evt_nam_RED_PetrogradTankTimer.

There are many more instances of that error.

ERROR: in Events/RUS F6 Options Various.sct, at (or near) line 1539: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #e# (0x65), #evt_WHI_nam_TaganrogTankTimer#

in event evt_nam_WHI_TaganrogTankFactoryCompleted:

1530 ^M
1531 SelectFaction = $WHI^M
1532 SelectRegion = $Taganrog^M
1533 StartEvent = evt_nam_WHI_TaganrogTankFactoryCompleted|1|2|evt_txt_WHI_TaganrogTankFactoryCompleted|Event-img_WHI_TankFactoryCompleted|$Taganrog|NULL^M
1534 ^M
1535 Conditions^M
1536 MinDate = 1919/01/01^M
1537 ^M
1538 EvalRgnOwned = $Taganrog^M
1539> EvalEvent = evt_WHI_nam_TaganrogTankTimer;=;10^M
1540 ^M
1541 Actions^M
1542 DescEvent = evt_desc_WHI_TaganrogTankFactoryCompleted^M
1543 ^M
1544 CreateStruc^M
1545 SetType = $TANKFACTORY^M
1546 SetName = Taganrog Tankadrome^M
1547 Apply^M
1548 RemDynGraphic = $Taganrog;Icon_IndusConstr.png^M

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/EvalEvent

Syntax: EvalEvent = EventName; Condition; NumOccurs

Similar error. evt_WHI_nam_TaganrogTankTimer should instead be evt_nam_WHI_TaganrogTankTimer.

Many instances of that error also.

More errors of that general type still. Run dochk, and reference the chklint*_rpt.txt error report.

Events/Redleaders.sct, Thu Dec 22 2011 18:53:42

ERROR: in Events/Redleaders.sct, at (or near) line 46: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #l# (0x6c), #ldr_RED_Snesarev1#

in event evt_nam_RED_PromotionsC:

37 ^M
38 SelectFaction = $RED^M
39 StartEvent = evt_nam_RED_PromotionsC|1|1|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL^M
40 ^M
41 Conditions^M
42 CheckAILevel = 1^M
43 MinDate = 1918/09/01^M
44 MaxDate = 1922/02/12^M
45 Probability = 25^M
46> SelectSubUnits = Models ldr_RED_Snesarev1^M
47 ^M
48 ^M
49 EvalSubUnitSel = NULL^M
50 ^M
51 Actions^M
52 AltercuSubUnit = Convert TechUpg^M
53 ^M
54 ^M
55 EndEvent^M

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/SelectSubUnits

Syntax: SelectSubUnits = Region <RgnUID>;Area <AreaUID>;Families <Fam1> <Fam2> ...;Models <Mdl1> <Mdl2> ... ;FactionTags <Tag1> <Tag2> ... ;Domains <_domLand> <_domNav> <_domAir>;<Attributes>;Generations <ModelGen1> <ModelGen2> ...

Missing '$' before ldr_RED_Snesarev1.

GameData/Models/14RED_Model_Name_RED_Chekists.mdl, Sat Jun 23 2012 08:53:14

ERROR: in GameData/Models/14RED_Model_Name_RED_Chekists.mdl, at (or near) line 60: mistaken #

51 IsSupport = 0^M
52 SupplyUsage = 2^M
53 SupplyStore = 4^M
54 AmmoUsage = 2^M
55 AmmoStore = 4^M
56 ShareSupply = 1^M
57 SupHitPen = 25^M
58 SupMovePen = 25^M
59 SupCbtPen = 50^M
60> Attributes = #PoliticalUnit#^M
61 Ability0 = $Strong_Morale^M
62 Ability1 = $Political_Unit^M
63 VPValue = 4^M
64 POLValue = 0^M
65 Money = 5^M
66 Conscript = 7^M
67 WarSupply = 0^M
68 Days = 30^M
69 Morale = 0^M

Not #PoliticalUnit#, should be *PoliticalUnit*.

There are several more instances of that error.

GameData/Models/1903Bisherakovgroup.mdl, Tue Aug 7 2012 14:01:44

ERROR: in GameData/Models/1903Bisherakovgroup.mdl, at (or near) line 4: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #$# (0x24), #$mdl_RED_Cav6bish#

1 UID = 1903^M
2 NationTag = RED^M
3 Name = Caucasian Cavalry^M
4> Alias = $mdl_RED_Cav6bish^M
5 ShortName = Cavalry^M
6 Text = $mdl_txt_WHI_Cav7^M
7 To&E = $mdl_toe_WHI_Cav7^M
8 Family = $famCavalry^M
9 ImageID = symbol_cav.png^M
10 NatoSize = $sizNatoRgt^M
11 Color = $colWHIRegular ^M
12 Sound_FactionTag = RUS^M
13 Portrait = mdl_RUS_Cav9.png^M

There should not be a '$' before the mdl_... in Alias = $mdl_RED_Cav6bish.

GameData/Models/940REDL. Trotsky.mdl, Thu Dec 22 2011 22:20:36

ERROR: in GameData/Models/940REDL. Trotsky.mdl, at (or near) line 59: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #*# (0x2a), #*Trotskyst*#

50 IsSupport = 1^M
51 SupplyUsage = 0^M
52 SupplyStore = 0^M
53 AmmoUsage = 0^M
54 AmmoStore = 0^M
55 ShareSupply = 1^M
56 SupHitPen = 0^M
57 SupMovePen = 0^M
58 SupCbtPen = 0^M
59> Attributes = *PoliticalUnit* *Trotskyst*^M
60 Ability0 = $Genius_Trotsky^M
61 Ability1 = $Political_Unit^M
62 Ability2 = $Trotsky_Strong_Discipline^M
63 Ability3 = $Trotsky_Defensive_Analyst^M
64 Ability4 = $Trotsky_Train_Signal^M
65 Ability5 = $Trotsky_Train_Logistics^M
66 Ability6 = $Trotsky_Great_Strategist^M
67 Ability7 = $Trotsky_HQ^M
68 Ability8 = $Trotsky_Propagandist^M

Syntax: Attributes = <Attrib> [|<Attrib>] ...

Missing '|' between Attributes = *PoliticalUnit* *Trotskyst*.

GameData/Units/394FIN_Unit_Name_FIN_Div1.uni, Sat Jun 23 2012 09:00:38

ERROR: in GameData/Units/394FIN_Unit_Name_FIN_Div1.uni, at (or near) line 9: line-specific or other contextual syntax error (else file doesn't end with CR/LF): #$# (0x24), #$mdl_FIN_Art4#

1 UID = 394^M
2 NationTag = FIN^M
3 Name = $Unit_Name_FIN_Div1^M
4 Alias = uni_FIN_Div1^M
5 ForcePool = 10^M
6 ShortName = $Unit_ShortName_FIN_Div1^M
7 Text = $uni_txt_FIN_Infantry^M
8 Color = $colFINRegular ^M
9> DoubleLength = $mdl_FIN_Art4|1^M
10 SymbolID = symbol_DivInf.png^M
11 ModelType0 = $mdl_FIN_Inf2|3^M
12 ModelType1 = $mdl_FIN_Inf2|3^M
13 ModelType2 = $mdl_FIN_Art3|1^M
14 ModelType3 = $mdl_FIN_Art4|1^M
15 ModelType4 = $mdl_FIN_Pio|1^M
16 FamilyType0 = $famLine|6^M
17 FamilyType1 = $famMedArty|2^M
18 FamilyType2 = $famEngineer|1^M

Syntax: DoubleLength = Value

Looks like it should be instead: DoubleLength = 1

Several more errors of that type.

There are other errors, but I am not entirely sure whether they are false positives or not. But I think the above errors are all legitimate.

Those are just the chklint errors. There are also the chklint warnings, and errors reported in the other files.

Hope this helps.

[Oh, and please excuse the ^M -- artifacts of my working in Linux.]
Chilperic

RE: dochk

Post by Chilperic »

SelectFaction = $RED
StartEvent = evt_RED_nam_PetrogradTankTimer|10|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
EvalEvent = evt_nam_RED_PetrogradTankFactory_Tracker;=;1

Actions

EndEvent

Not a bug. The name of the event isn't what it should be, but other events refer rightly to this curious name and so work.

Thanks for the rest. Was sure to have fixed some a few days ago. It seems the save button wasn't used :-)
berto

Two Terek Cossacks bug?

Post by berto »

Early Oct 1918, playing Southern Whites.

In region Malgobek, two newly appeared Terek Cossacks stacks, both commanded by G.F. Bisherakhov.

See the attached image.

(This game is quite different from my earlier FY 1.06 Southern Whites games. The AI is kicking my butt!)

Attachments
FY107Early..Cossacks.jpg
FY107Early..Cossacks.jpg (415.39 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Chilperic

RE: Two Terek Cossacks bug?

Post by Chilperic »

Thanks. fixed.

As a side note, the Southern AI is doing the same against me as Red (see my AAR episode 12).

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”