Experienced Japanese player.

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Spiderman

Experienced Japanese player.

Post by Spiderman »

I am interrested in such a game.

Joe.
Onime No Kyo

RE: Experienced Japanese player.

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Encore une fois. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

You have 13 posts. That's not very experinced. I'd like to see lot's of references.

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I've just gone back and reviewed you previous post "Mr. Bend Over". Sorry , I can't play a PBEM with someone that I've "green buttoned" and locked out of my e-mails by using "spam blocker". Your application has been re-jected, thanks for applying but you don't fit our criteria for selection. Now please don't bother us again or I'll file a complaint against you with management. Good day.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Spiderman

Joe.

Joe!?!

Huzzah! The Police found you! Great news! Your wife's note about your disappearance (here: tm.asp?m=3135492&mpage=1&key=&#3135492) had us all terribly worried.

So glad to hear that, after the police has been informed and a note found on your desc, you were found to be well. Warspite1 and Graffin Zeppelin will be particularly pleased to hear of your recovery.
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Good thing he wasn't dead this time. [;)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Joe.

Joe!?!

Huzzah! The Police found you! Great news! Your wife's note about your disappearance (here: tm.asp?m=3135492&mpage=1&key=�) had us all terribly worried.

So glad to hear that, after the police has been informed and a note found on your desc, you were found to be well. Warspite1 and Graffin Zeppelin will be particularly pleased to hear of your recovery.

Lovely reply.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Joe.

Joe!?!

Huzzah! The Police found you! Great news! Your wife's note about your disappearance (here: tm.asp?m=3135492&mpage=1&key=�) had us all terribly worried.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

You've been served.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

So Rodger,Per , and Andre.....any of you guys up for a little PBEM? [:D]
MAurelius

Post by MAurelius »

just out of curiosity.... does one need to have MANY posts to be experienced??? - I for one have simply forgotten my old password and no longer use the old email addy - and now have to start back from scratch - but that does not mean that I haven't been playing WITP AE for years...

or is it just that everyone who does not post a lengthy intro (which he should be doing, if he wanted a serious game...) is branded "Helmut/5th GdsTankArmy or whatever??

it just seems a bit presumptuous/overly aggressive if there are no apparent reasons for attacking him for being an idiot...
formerly known as SoliInvictus202
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Its a personal choice. It seems logical to want to know who you're playing against before you commit you time to a very long game. Since there seems to be little doubt that the OP is Helmut/Japan, etc the reaction is understandable.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: MAurelius

just out of curiosity.... does one need to have MANY posts to be experienced??? - I for one have simply forgotten my old password and no longer use the old email addy - and now have to start back from scratch - but that does not mean that I haven't been playing WITP AE for years...

or is it just that everyone who does not post a lengthy intro (which he should be doing, if he wanted a serious game...) is branded "Helmut/5th GdsTankArmy or whatever??

it just seems a bit presumptuous/overly aggressive if there are no apparent reasons for attacking him for being an idiot...

You know , you are absolutely right! Why don't you play a game with him. Show us how presumtuous and bigoted we are! THAT'll teach us! [:D]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

BTW , check out Rodger....he's restarted 3 times+. There is no doubt in anyones mind that he's a old timer. Have you ever played a PBEM? Will any of the people you played against be willing to give you a reference? Then you'll never have a problem finding partners. Tell people your skill levels. Don't lie. Don't change your name intending to decieve. DON'T be a "sock puppet". These PBEMs, especially a GC , can require over a year of commitment. That's more than most leases. If you employ someone, let them date your daughter, marry them, loan them money or invest in them , don't you check them out? But because people are unwilling to invest a SOLID year plus of their time, without some verification, then THEY are being presumtive?

Were he "simply" an idiot , no one would have a single problem. I have email and PM folders filled with ABUSE from him. Please don't preach to us, till YOU have experinced his "little games".

But you really are right. No one on this forum should look out for the newbies. If you are lucky, they'll get caught up in his "games" get sick of the whole thing , then go play the "world of warcrap". Then perhaps you'll be happy? [&:]
fcharton

Post by fcharton »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Have you ever played a PBEM? Will any of the people you played against be willing to give you a reference?

I can do this for MAurelius, since we played each other (as opponents or as a team) for the better part of last year. But you could as well, just check his previous namesake (in his sig), and you'll find a decent number of posts, two or three AAR, discussions on various aspects of the game.

But anyway, arguing about Helmut is giving Helmut way too much importance.

Francois

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: fcharton
Have you ever played a PBEM? Will any of the people you played against be willing to give you a reference?

I can do this for MAurelius, since we played each other (as opponents or as a team) for the better part of last year. But you could as well, just check his previous namesake (in his sig), and you'll find a decent number of posts, two or three AAR, discussions on various aspects of the game.

But anyway, arguing about Helmut is giving Helmut way too much importance.

Francois

Then there he is! The point I was trying to make to MAurelius is that he doesn't need worry just because he lost his password. The forum is made up of people who look out for each other, as you just did for him. He need not feel prosecuted. Helmut only wins when we let him. [&o]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

You're right-IF there were no apparent reasons for attacking someone for being an idiot. However, when there are abundant displays of idiocy (if you care to do a little legwork on this particular handle), one must act.
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

See my sig as to how I handle the peculiarities of Matrix's forum personality disorder syndrome......

As for the 'persecution' of any person on here Joe provides a little entertainment, in the same way as some wild critters do - keep at arms length. The response of players to his various personas is born out of many previous sightings.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

So Rodger,Per , and Andre.....any of you guys up for a little PBEM? [:D]
Honoured to be asked, but I don't do Japan. I did one ime try and it just didn't seem right to me.

Thankfully I have two loyal, vicious and downright nasty opponents at the moment giving me plenty of entertainment.

Roger
MAurelius

Post by MAurelius »

You know , you are absolutely right! Why don't you play a game with him. Show us how presumtuous and bigoted we are! THAT'll teach us! [:D]

only one last answer - then let us finish this - I for one had no "reason" to believe that the poster is Helmut whatever - maybe I overlooked these "exhibits" that he is...

other than that - I simply have had a number of people from other forums etc complain to me that they are no longer posting on this forum, because they do not like the way productive criticism to the game is handled here... and I felt the need to express the fact that everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt before he is hacked to pieces [:D]
once it's proven that he is one of those in need of persecution - then - go for it..
it just felt that the verdict was decided a little early...

but not to worry - it was just a matter of principle.... nothing else - since the mods seem to be rather absent in this area of the matrix-forums for quite a while...
and no - I do not defend the weak every morning before I go to work.... [:D]
formerly known as SoliInvictus202
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

only one last answer - then let us finish this - I for one had no "reason" to believe that the poster is Helmut whatever - maybe I overlooked these "exhibits" that he is...

other than that - I simply have had a number of people from other forums etc complain to me that they are no longer posting on this forum, because they do not like the way productive criticism to the game is handled here... and I felt the need to express the fact that everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt before he is hacked to pieces [:D]
once it's proven that he is one of those in need of persecution - then - go for it..
it just felt that the verdict was decided a little early...

but not to worry - it was just a matter of principle.... nothing else - since the mods seem to be rather absent in this area of the matrix-forums for quite a while...
and no - I do not defend the weak every morning before I go to work.... [:D]

I applaud your sense of propriaty and fare play! [&o] The mods are few in number , and severly overworked and under appreciated. Like real life, when law enforcement people are not available , locals will eventually decide that they've had enough , you get "vigalantism". So , that's what we have here. "Digital vigilantes". But I'm really sorry to hear of these other people of which you speak feel that they are being driven off. Those are the folks that the regulars here are trying to protect.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't conundrum. Speak out, and your damned as a cyber bully. Or say nothing and watch the train wreck knowing you could have prevented it. [:(]

Return to “Opponents Wanted”