When does the Shakturi reveal themself?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

dio9366

When does the Shakturi reveal themself?

Post by dio9366 »

In my second game, the Erutkah refugees appeared, they fought against ackadrian and eventually became their sudject.

since then they stop expending:(

So what will trigger the event which refugees became shakturi? Do they became really powerful when they reveal themself?

In my first game they wiped out Kiadian when they still a refugees
jpwrunyan

RE: When does the Shakturi reveal themself?

Post by jpwrunyan »

I want to know also because my games end often before they even show up. Usually I find planet destroyers well before the refugees. Is that normal?
Niaru

Post by Niaru »

For me, it always depended on how fast the factions progress through the storyline. Once, I had the Shakturi in my face at about 12 colonies, the present game, they came when I was already mopping up the map.

I stopped actively looking for them as soon as I get "Way of [...]", since I don't want them to come too soon.
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Once you encounter an Alien Species called the "Eruktah Refugees" then the Shakturi are on the way. They are nearly always a light purple colour and they colonize planets very quickly. Also watch out for a warning from the Ancient Guardians telling you who they really are
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

How can I make them appear faster? Is there a strategy to do so? Because I am nearly finished by the time I ever meet them.
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

I don't think you can. If you have the " Enable Original Return of the Shakturi Story Line Events" Box ticked then they may or may not appear in the game and I think it is random when and if they do
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

I've still never seen the Shakturi or the Legendary Pirates, lol [:D] And, I'm an old timer here!

I don't know if it is true, but I read some time ago that the appearence of the Shakturi is based on the overall strength of the galaxy. Seeing as I play on very harsh settings the strength and wealth of the galaxy remains very low even into the late game, I could get a stronger galaxy immediately by setting the empires to start bigger, than what I usually see in the late game. Maybe this is why the Shakturi don't appear [&:]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

Thanks woodman, I will try having one or two more highly expanded empires in my next game.
I have only run into legendary pirates once. I was underwhelmed.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

I've still never seen the Shakturi or the Legendary Pirates, lol [:D] And, I'm an old timer here!
Wow Martin.....I would have never believed that! You mean to tell me you've never had the Eruktah Refugees appear in any of your games, then turn into the Shakturi and go gallivanting around the galaxy kicking MAJOR BUTT! You've never tried to attack the Shakturi homeworld and found
out you can't even drop out of warp anywhere near the planet! Again....WOW, you've missed ALL the fun! [:-]

As far as the Phantom Pirates, you must be destroying Pirate bases as soon as they appear so they
don't develop into a fleet. I've encountered them MANY times....some good, some BAD!
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Indeed they are hard to stop even with the Ancient Guardian Fleet at your disposal [X(]
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

I think that the appearance of the shakturi is linked to two conditions:

1) Exploration of the beacons.
2) Overall tech level in the galaxy.

So if you don't explore/keep away from the beacons they don't seem to spawn.
Similarly they take a loooong time to spawn in games where tech is expensive - even after you explore all the beacons.

But this is just my impression. If someone knows then please share :)
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

You are absolutely correct Arcatus!
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Myths, lies and exaggerations. The Shakturi are nothing but a legend.

Flying organic multicellular tentacled space monsters that thrive by eating rocks, nebulae and passing space craft in the frozen void of airless space are, however, quite real and frightening.
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
endoric_MatrixForum

Post by endoric_MatrixForum »

i have yet to meet them and i have almost finished all 3 tech trees and can not find anymore beacons.

myself and an ally also have a world destroyer each

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”