wide screen issue

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

fulcrum28

wide screen issue

Post by fulcrum28 »

I have a wide screen monitor with 1920x1080

I use the below commands and I can play and the screen fits the window.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont –multiaudio –dd_sw -deepColor -px1920 –py1080 dual

However, I notice that when I compare the quality of the resolution with window mode, I feel a bit dissapointed.
This game contains tiny icons for ground units, naval bases etc, it is worth playing it with the maximum resolution as possible and with the largest screen as possible. If I move to window mode, I increase resolution but I reduce the screen size and viceversa.

Does someone know any solution?

The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
mikkey

RE: wide screen issue

Post by mikkey »

Your problem is in sign minus "-px1920 –py1080" -> first minus is short and second is long minus. You must use short minus.
Correct shortcut:
C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -px1920 -py1080
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you! now the image quality is absolutely great!

It is amazing..that short and long minus thing.
thank you for letting me know. :)
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

You're welcome fulcrum28
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

I wonder if this is a issue related to the wide screen or not.
But when playing coral sea or any small scenario, the green are seems bigger than the red area which creates problems with the screen scroll.
any suggestion to reduce the green area?
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

here it is

Attachments
green.jpg
green.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 72 times
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

This problem is caused because the game is not designed for large screen resolutions in small scenarios (WitP native screen resolution was smaller than width of Coral Sea scenario map). Directly for Coral Sea scenario I use resolution -px1440 -py900 (in shortcut).
AlanBernardo

Post by AlanBernardo »

ORIGINAL: mikkey

This problem is caused because the game is not designed for large screen resolutions in small scenarios (WitP native screen resolution was smaller than width of Coral Sea scenario map). Directly for Coral Sea scenario I use resolution -px1440 -py900 (in shortcut).

I do the same. For the larger scenarios I use 1680x1050; but for Guadacanal and Coral I use 1440x900. It makes scrolling much easier.

The full short-cut I use for smaller scenarios is,

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor --cpu2 –multiaudio –dd_sw -wd -px1440 -py900

Alan
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you very much! i will play small scenarios with smaller resolution
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: AlanBernardo
I do the same. For the larger scenarios I use 1680x1050; but for Guadacanal and Coral I use 1440x900. It makes scrolling much easier.
Alan, Guadalcanal scenario is playable without problem in resolution 1680x1050.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I'm using the follwing on mine

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -px1920 -py1080

It looks great, but it runs horrible. There is a several second lag in clicking on something, to getting a response. I'm sure it's in my shortcut, it runs great albeit with low level graphics when I use the standard shortcut. I have Win7 with an Intel7-2600K series CPU group running 3.4 GHz on an ASUS ACPI MOBO running 64 bit OS.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I'm using the follwing on mine

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -px1920 -py1080

It looks great, but it runs horrible. There is a several second lag in clicking on something, to getting a response. I'm sure it's in my shortcut, it runs great albeit with low level graphics when I use the standard shortcut. I have Win7 with an Intel7-2600K series CPU group running 3.4 GHz on an ASUS ACPI MOBO running 64 bit OS.

Stick a -cpu4 in there and see if it helps.

This is mine for an Intel Core i7 2600k CPU @3.4 GHz, ASUS mobo and 64-bit Windows 7.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -multiaudio -archive -dd_sw -cpu4 -fd -px1680 -py1050
The Moose
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

That did it! Thanks Moose [;)]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

That did it! Thanks Moose [;)]

No problemo.
The Moose
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I am a total computer fool and I actually followed Mikey and Bull's directions to end up with a great full screen!!! No more crossed eyes....thanks guys
dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

here it is

You can also use the scenario editor to change the size of the "playing field" to reflect your aspect ratio.
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot
I am a total computer fool and I actually followed Mikey and Bull's directions to end up with a great full screen!!! No more crossed eyes....thanks guys
You're welcome pontiouspilot. You right, wide screen with highest resolution is better[;)]

Return to “Tech Support”