Looking for DBB-C - Japanese opponent

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DanielAnsell

Looking for DBB-C - Japanese opponent

Post by DanielAnsell »

Looking for a Japanese side opponent for the C scenario of DBB.

I'm more than willing to discuss house rules, though my main interest is in exploring the scenario, and seeing how it develops throughout the war, with the tighter logistics.

I am largely home-bound for health reasons, so 2 or more turns a day (aside from the first couple of turns of the war, when getting organized,) should certainly be possible from my end. A slower pace, especially when real life makes demands, would not be a problem.

Settings I'd like to use:

US Reliable torpedoes OFF
US Damage Control ON
Player Defined Upgrade ON
Historical First Turn OFF
December 7th Surprise ON

House Rules I'd like to use:
No new allied task forces turn 1, except 50% of submarines at Manila, meaning 50% rounded down of each class present at the base, may be formed into TFs, loosely approximating actual deployments.

No single ship TFs except submarines.
No picket lines except submarines.
No fragmentary airdrops.

sjohnson

RE: Looking for DBB-C - Japanese opponent

Post by sjohnson »

I'd be interested, it's been a while since I've been on the forum but I used to play a lot of WitP and AE a few years ago before business got really hectic in 08-09 (go figure...).

I like to think I am a pretty skilled Japanese player.

I prefer 2 day turns and can now do 1-3 turns/day typically.

I have to look at DBB-C, but I do like the SL (stacking limits) version from what I can see already as a means to further control pace by requiring more supplies to overstack in assaults.
DanielAnsell

RE: Looking for DBB-C - Japanese opponent

Post by DanielAnsell »

Sounds like we think on similar lines. Are the stacking limits inherent to DBB-C, or do we need to add them? I already use them for an Iron Babes game I am playing against the AI.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”