Shields and web sites?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Morwaul

Shields and web sites?

Post by Morwaul »

I was wondering what is better for shields. Recharge Rate or Strength, or in other words Talassos or Deucalios? Is it a bad idea to mix shields? 3 or 4 of each for instance.

Also, are there any fan websites for DW? Google doesn't give me anything but reviews and this forum. What I am most interested in is a component database and better descriptions of all the components, etc.

Thanks
Wild_Bill

RE: Shields and web sites?

Post by Wild_Bill »

Morwaul, I can't help you on a fan site or component databases since I only got here last week. I discovered last night that by adding a lower strength Talassos shield to my stronger Deucalios shield(s) I got a major increase in shield recharge rate as well as an increase in overall shield strength.
Persistence will take you places Talent never dreamed of.
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

There's no other place to go for information AFAIK. This is an indy game and until one of us compiles the information you are looking for, it won't be there, and when someone does it, you'll read about it here first. I think.
endoric_MatrixForum

Post by endoric_MatrixForum »

if this game got more activity and faster updates i would throw together a ship designer in excell.

if it wasnt for the ship designing i would have regretted buying this game.

i would love to see roles play a greater part in ship actions and constraints. i hate when the AI has a cruiser of 500 in size as i reserve that for heavy dreadnaught battle ship types.

i onlyuse roles to help me catagorize and sort my ships.

only carriers and resupply ships roles really maean anything as it requires more space to fighter bays and cargo holds respectivly and allows for extra size beyond your limit for carriers

add a role called command ship would be great but i digress.

i never mix shields maybe i should try.
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

I might be wrong, but it feels like as many shield points as possible is better.

Recharge rates seems to be too slow to affect the outcome of a battle, as many encounters are over in a few seconds - so there is not much time to recharge.

Return to “The War Room”