Customizable UI?

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Canuck_jp

Customizable UI?

Post by Canuck_jp »

How do we move the information boxes around? I think it's just click and drag on the other two games but I can't figure out how to do it here. I have to manually open the boxes and if more than one is open at a time they just overlap each other.
Rasputitsa

RE: Customizable UI?

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Canuck35
How do we move the information boxes around? I think it's just click and drag on the other two games but I can't figure out how to do it here. I have to manually open the boxes and if more than one is open at a time they just overlap each other.

In this game you drag the info box buttons, then the boxes will open in the position you placed the buttons, or if already open, they will move as you drag the buttons.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

That's strange I can't get them to move. I wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong. I actually got the game from Gamersgate, not Matrix but I don't see why that would make a difference.
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

Ok Ras I read your post a little more carefully and was able to get it to work, thanks. One thing I'm wondering is, the next two games in the series I can't do the same. I thought I was able to move those info panels around but I just tried it and I couldn't get it to work! Are they not customizable?
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Canuck35
Ok Ras I read your post a little more carefully and was able to get it to work, thanks. One thing I'm wondering is, the next two games in the series I can't do the same. I thought I was able to move those info panels around but I just tried it and I couldn't get it to work! Are they not customizable?

In the later games, I am using 'Time of Fury' now, I don't move the info boxes (not sure if you can - nothing in the manual ), but you can move the map when necessary (hold right mouse button - drag the map).

Additionally I use a mod which makes any, or all, of the game boxes transparent (all the boxes - unit management, combat results, convoy, etc.) so that you can see the map through the boxes. Moving the boxes in these games hasn't been an issue for me, as I can always see the map when the boxes are displayed.[:)]

See this Forum link, you need to be prepared to edit your game files, but before making any changes backup the original files in case you need to go back. Also note down any mods you use, as whenever there is an update patch installed, you will probably have to redo your mods.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3006547

Since the above pages where written I have changed from black text, to dark blue, which is not so stark against the map and better matches the other game screens. To get these effects you need to change some lines of data in various files, it's not difficult, but you need to consider how important these features would be, to be worth the effort.

This link shows you the type of file and data which has to be changed, this is just an example, sometimes the changes are just two, or three lines.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3044302

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”