Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Onime No Kyo

RE: Hearts and Minds

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Women's beach volleyball in sweats?????

I demand answers.

Wife complained that the USA team was still playing in bikinis with the weather so cold.

"Shut up, woman!" Maybe I thought that instead of yelled it.

Mens synchronized diving?????

Ok, that's it. Can we just get to the track and field events please?

Then she went on endlessly about the men's skimpy Speedos.

"Shut..."

I was watching the web stream of the rowing events yesterday. There was a most uncomfortable moment when they showed the teams getting out of the boats. Apparently those guys wear a very tight ensemble....which I guess rides up on them in the course of rowing....didnt look comfortable it all, but I think it may have gained them a few more female fans....[:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Cap Mandrake

Waterboarding? Fagettaboutit

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Waterboarding is for pussies. Try 32 oz of Su-prep and a 64 oz water chaser. KSM would p*** himself (and quite possibly s*** himself too..or at least soil his guy-burkha) .

Even worse, split it into two doses about 10 hrs apart so you have 6-7 hrs to dread what is coming next. And just for giggles, give the second dose in the middle of the night so you get the whole sleep deprivation thingy going. Oh, and just to tweak Amnesty Interantional take away all food, alcohol and coffee for 30 hrs.

Holy Mary and the Sweet Baby Jesus! Insurers are worried that patients are getting colonoscopies too often??? I would say there need be no concern about that. A second procedure would rank right up there with renewing wedding vows if you ask me.

Also, I think I did an AE/WITP turn when I was still under the Versed, but I forgot. Oh well, probably won't make any difference.
Cap Mandrake

RE: Waterboarding? Fagettaboutit

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Also, I don't remember getting any Demerol either. I think they gave me the Versed first. Damn abstemious kill-joys. Catholic hospital, don't you know.

Seems to me that is one of the unifying principles of Catholicism. If it's fun, it's a sin.
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

I had the rotator cuff surgery about 10 years back - the naughty night nurse clued me in that you have to ASK for Demerol, she told me to ask for Viseral(?) chaser too... Whooeee! I felt right as rain for a while - til it wore off and the gorilla dayshift nurse wouldnt give me no more!
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I had the rotator cuff surgery about 10 years back - the naughty night nurse clued me in that you have to ASK for Demerol, she told me to ask for Viseral(?) chaser too... Whooeee! I felt right as rain for a while - til it wore off and the gorilla dayshift nurse wouldnt give me no more!

The BAAAAHHHSTERDS!!!!

Catholic Hospital, right?
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Air losses from the previous day's attack on the transports at Lautem

Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (104.82 KiB) Viewed 103 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Targets for Fist of Fury. Air drop on Ternate in 1 or 2 d, with a regiment of Marines to land after the base secured by airdrop.

One of the regiments prepped for Manado, which I expect will be defended, is aboard an amphibious group near Townsville. They may land at Sidate, the dot hex SW of Manado, after it is also secured by airdrop. Manado will have to be dented pretty badly first.

Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (215.7 KiB) Viewed 103 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Also note JJ has moved their bombers from Kendari, which is within B-24 range from Darwin.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I don't care for your tone, sir. Why, with attitudes like that, it's very hard to move. Forward. It's hard to move forward, that is. [8|]

Moving forward is only a good idea if one is pointed in the right direction. If you aren't sure I would strongly endorse apathy and 3 hr. lunch breaks.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Yowzers! Jan/43 and you are almost ready to 'return to the Philippines' - even without the corn-cob pipe and sunglasses! Well done! [&o]

Are there any inmates left in your N Oz POW camp? That seems to be the biggest blunder by the LYBs so far.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I think some of the LYB's in the Oz POW camp were airlifted to the future Timor POW camp.

When the fleet carriers have to leave for Sumatra there will necessarilly be a slowdown in the scope of operations here. Also we need a more northerly level 4+ airfield before a major landing on Mindanao.
sprior

Post by sprior »

Yowzers! Jan/43 and you are almost ready to 'return to the Philippines'

Once we (or rather the Cap) burtst through NW Oz there wasn't much behind to stop the aquatic blitzkreig. I'm sure they're working on something though.

We destroyed 2 Divs around Katherine, the forces at PH are still there but now they're starting to lose squads to air attack so hopefully the end is nigh for them too.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Yes, that's right.

2 Divisions destoyed at Katherine/Darwin

50,000+ troops including a whole division of Ronsons destroyed in Fiji

3+divisions being ground to dust at Port Hedrand

and technically, though a victory for them, the LYB counterattack at Dobo cost them 15,000 troops swimming with the Oceanic White Tips and 1 1/2 divisions trapped on Dobo with the war passing them by..

After a while, this starts to add up, even in Scenario 2. Mercenaries from Tanna aren't going to be able to fill the gaps.

Also, of course, the big carrier battles off PH, though costly for both sides, left us with an edge (counting the support from the CVE's)
Ddog

Post by Ddog »

They are still there too. It looks like something the Soviets would have built. By ra way. I think the game OOB is off a bit. This was completed in April, '42(a). The blimps showed up early in '43 or very late "42? Perhaps it took that long to build the blimps in a union shop? Maybe Yossarian caused some type of screw up in time again?

Saw this hanger in a Movie Preview this week. I think it was called "Hit and Run"
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Ddog
Saw this hanger in a Movie Preview this week. I think it was called "Hit and Run"

USMC deeded them to the city of Tustin and, I think, gave them a bunch of money to "mitigate" all the degreaser and other nasty stuff that they dumped in the ground. The plan was to build houses and some Section 8 warrens but with the recession they just sit there. Even so, I am pretty sure 8 people in the city pranning department are working "full time" on the project. They did build a really nice outdoor mall, which, of course, is struggling because there are no houses around. [8|]

Similar thing happened to USMCAS El Toro and the city of Irvine. 2 massive runways with no houses around..almost perfect to take the load of off John Wayne Airport..but no...they decide to make a Geat Park..they hired a European Landscape designer (apparently all the Americans were busy), tore down all the buildings and divided the debris up into about 9 different recycling mountains...and then they ran out of money.

Idiots.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Alleged LYB carrier losses. Somebody that has read the manual and played scenario 2 though Jan 43.....what should they have left?

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (133.26 KiB) Viewed 103 times
sprior

Post by sprior »

Kaga and Soryu are missing from that list.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

The BAAAAHHHSTERDS!!!!

Catholic Hospital, right?

Nah Presbyterian in Philly... same premise, better "conditions" I presume! [;)]
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

Moving forward is only a good idea if one is pointed in the right direction. If you aren't sure I would strongly endorse apathy and 3 hr. lunch breaks.

Anybody remember the General's name that when asked about retreating in Korea, modded the old Marine line...
"Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction!"
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: moore4807

Anybody remember the General's name that when asked about retreating in Korea, modded the old Marine line...
"Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction!"

Major General Oliver P. Smith, commanding the 1st Marine Division.

ETA: He's also being credited with the quote below. It's debated though if it really was him or somebody else.

"Sir! We're surrounded!!"
"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Return to “After Action Reports”