Massive MOD soon to be released

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding.
brucemcl777

RE: Massive MOD soon to be released

Post by brucemcl777 »

Well I guess we could have you shot for being late - [:-]

However that won't finish your mod - so carry on![&o]
you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

brucemcl777

Post by brucemcl777 »

Dfoe - or Scott I gather

the first picture did not work - I tried it on IE 8and firefox - the other 3 worked well - I particularly like the second picture of England and the continent.

Re the last picture with swastika on flight deck - you realize that image is outlawed in germany by the politically correct boys so commercial games never show that image? ( unrealalistic but a problem for distribution ) just in case you are not aware.
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Yes I am aware, but since it is a free mod, I don't live in Europe, and I am not a commercial distributoer, I opted for realism over PC ;)

Not sure why the first pic didnt work for you. Seems to work for me. Here is the link again:

mediafire*com/view/?suj1010262st8ts
brucemcl777

Post by brucemcl777 »

Worked that time - Eastern Theater Operations - title screen rivals some of the Silent Service excellent mods I have.

Thanks for the reply and I will await your further announcements!

mikkey

Post by mikkey »

dfoehammer, thanks for new info. Screenshots looks excellent, especially new Europe map! Looking forward for next update.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Thanks for the info, is nice see something hehehe.

Maybe now with the mistery of Carriers at War Complete SSG guys decide cover these mising part of the original game... but SSG forums are dead and even here in Matrix forums 0 info about it.

Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Looking forward to this - I will download it once it's available :)
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
planetbrain

Post by planetbrain »

I suggest we are a long way beyond 'soon'.
'Mostly harmless'
CaptainRockwellTorry

Post by CaptainRockwellTorry »

ORIGINAL: planetbrain

I suggest we are a long way beyond 'soon'.

Yeah, what happened to this?[&:]

CaptainRockwellTorry
Oops!
Captain Eric Finlander
U.S.S. Bedford DLG 113
NickMe3

Post by NickMe3 »

Come On, people?

I'm not trying to start a flame war or nothing, but you don't really expect this guy to give this to us, do you?

He's been teasing the community for some time, and I don't foresee anything rolling out ever.

Sure, I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but my hopes are low, and I've not enough time or knowledge to do this myself so another dead Matrix game collecting electronic dust on my storage computer.

Pitty... it had/has such potential too...

[8|]
Nonya
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Well, I had a complete system failure that took a while for me to gather the funds to repair. Fortunately, I did not lose my work, but I did get sidetracked again with work and other projects. Alas, sometimes things just don't work out the way we plan them, and I guess when I posted soon I really underestimated the amount of time & work necessary. I guess because i had so much done in the way of artwork already, I expected the rest to go much more quickly, but it is likewise time consuming. If I was egttign paid to make it, I am sure it would have been released ages ago, but since it is free, and it is my own time involved, because I enjoy it, it will be done when it will be done. I suppose I could release everythign I have in the way of artwork and maps etc, if someone else thinks they have the time and know how to put together campaigns for it. Otherwise, you will all just have to check back periodically to see if I have gotten it finished. I am workign on a couple of othe rprojects for games I enjoy besides this one, and I shuffle back and forth between them when I get "burned out" on one. So I will be back on this one again in a couple of weeks I am sure, and I will keep plugging away at it. So far I have th eocmplete German navy (every ship that participated in WWII) including all destroyer classes, submarines, and obviously additional carriers (that were never actually finished). I also have all German aircraft completed, from stukas to 190's, 109's Me262, flying wing, condors, He111, everything ever made by the German Luftwaffe (and some obviously "what if" type naval aircraft (based on the real world luftwaffe counterparts)...so the "what if" can go right from the beginning, to the very end of the war (with jet fighters even). I have also added most of the Italian navy ships, and many of the Italian Aircraft, from bombers to macci fighters (early war to later war Mc205). Most of the work I have to do now is build good scenarios, and I imagine once I get into it for a week or two, it should go much more swiftly). I do have a couple maps yet I would liek to make, but they are not really that time consuming (a few days for a quality map seems about right...given that my "days" are really just a couple of hours usually....3 kids, a wife, a business, and work around the house, keeps my "days" full and somewhat limited.)
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

I guess I should add also that I have added the entire british navy as well (lots of individual artwork for the ships)...all of the carriers , and most of the aircraft as wlel..hurricanes..spits....seafires....wellington bombers, etc etc., and many new american aircraft additions.

Skeptics and hecklers feel free to attack. Hell, for all I know I could die before it gets finished LOL :) I am not givign up on it though :)
RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

You will be aware that many war-gamers are people who lack interpersonal skills. Ignore them.
If you do finish your work, they will then shower you with praise.
Spoilt kids, or what! [;)]
JohnTargus

Post by JohnTargus »

Yes, yes you could... kind'a reminds me of WIF... two decades and still not even close to a release...
Just a WAW Fighting Fool!
brucemcl777

Post by brucemcl777 »

Skeptics and hecklers feel free to attack. Hell, for all I know I could die before it gets finished LOL :) I am not givign up on it though :)

Personally I feel we deserve a full refund of what we haven't paid you![&:]

Will keep checking back with you Scott.

JohnTargus

Post by JohnTargus »

Like I said folks, a lot of promises but no show. Good to want to improve the game, bad not following though with what is promised. Sure, no pay might mean no obligation, but if you say you are going to deliver, please do. Teasing and baiting is just so wrong.[:(]
Just a WAW Fighting Fool!
RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

Gosh! What a spoilt child you must be.
The guy is doing this project for love and for free.
Perhaps you could make a better job of developing a scenario?
Admiral Stricker

Post by Admiral Stricker »

Keep up the good work, this mod is gonna be awesome [:'(]
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Just letting you know I am still alive LOL. I have made some more progress, but it has been slow. My business has been consuming a lot of my time these past months, but I am hoping to make some good progress over the next week or two, and perhaps I can get you all a release soon, even it doesn't have as many scenarios as I had originally wanted to do. Keep checking in.
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Thanks for carrying on. I very much look forward to trying your finished product.

Lets face it, you will probably be finished well before the 'official' version of complete carriers at war turns up ;)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”