Seriously Now.......I mean Really....Really

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Titanwarrior89

Seriously Now.......I mean Really....Really

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

why is it, when playing the Allieds....that when your subs do launch a torpedo and if and I mean IF, it exsplodes why is it usually against a PB, or a type similiar to that. Once in a great while they will work against a AK, and if your really lucky a TK. And if your really, really lucky A DD, CL. But almost NEVER when against a CV Hull.....why is that. Thats happened three times just in this pbem game. Since 2004 I can remember one torpedo strike working against the Hull of a Japanese CV Hull in all of my Pbem games.

I would say from memory at least 12 to 15 Japanese CV's have been hit (all pbem games) from Witp to WitpAe and only one has worked, one time against the Hull of a Jap CV. That was against Roger awhile back. Trying not to complain to much, enjoying our pbem game, but this just continues and continues. When a American sub launchs against a Japanese CV hull I alreay know the out come=no guess work there. Come guys you know that can't be correct. I don'y want a padded game, just a game with the historical chances. In my opinion this part of the game is deficient.....Right now subs being trained up...commander/leaders with decent rating and its still awaste...then torps that only seem to work against less important. Game is now in Mid Dec 42.

Note: Dog, if you read this, its not you....its the game......overall I am enjoying our game but this just knocks the life out of me game after game.[:@][:o][:-][X(][:(][;)]

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
jeffk3510

RE: Seriously Now.......I mean Really....Really

Post by jeffk3510 »

[>:]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

You must be a jap player.
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

Dan Nichols

Post by Dan Nichols »

Mid December 1942, Mk 14 dud rate still 80%. Come back when you have passed 1 September, 1943 and tell us how many duds you got since then.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Dan, I have been into late 43 and still the same thing in other pbem games. At least two that I can think of.[:)] I maybe wrong but seems off for some reason on CV hulls....maybe its just weird luck.
ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

Mid December 1942, Mk 14 dud rate still 80%. Come back when you have passed 1 September, 1943 and tell us how many duds you got since then.

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

By the war Jeff, I am looking at the game system Ive played probley as long as your self and maybe longer...its not a Allied or a Japanese player issue against one to the other...I am speaking of the system that maybe in historical error. But I am Not looking for your or anyone else's approval/disaproval. I am just stating something thats happening in my pbem games -game after game from Dec 42 until late 43. So like you said[>:]
ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

It is Japan's secret anti-sub-torp de-gauss field. It causes magnetic torps to not detonate. [:D]

And, yes, I am a JFB. Although, I am currently dabbling in the allied cause and am cursing the same device. [&:]
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Really and it works.....[:D] It gets some what better into late 43'-44'. I am still not up to speed on the Japanese production system. But I do understand it basics. I am not really worried about winning or losing-I mean how many pbem games really get to the end that are started. To me, its the play(historically possiable) on the road to get there.[:)]
ORIGINAL: nashvillen

It is Japan's secret anti-sub-torp de-gauss field. It causes magnetic torps to not detonate. [:D]

And, yes, I am a JFB. Although, I am currently dabbling in the allied cause and am cursing the same device. [&:]

Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

If you stick it out until late 1943 and manage to retain a good portion of your boats then your submarine fleet will begin to decimate the Japanese.

Most players however are way too aggressive and lose a good portion of their early submarine fleet.
Also players under utilize their S-Boats. Early in the war they have dud rates of only 10% and can inflict significant damage.
They are just hampered by their short legs and slow speeds. But Formosa and Vietnam are good places for them in the first year.

But really, hold out until 43 and when the subs are rolling off the line every week and they have radar you will start to have some significant victories with them.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89
[...]In my opinion this part of the game is deficient.....Right now subs being trained up...commander/leaders with decent rating and its still awaste...then torps that only seem to work against less important. Game is now in Mid Dec 42.[...]

Every allied player knows the feeling when hitting major combatants early war.

You are suspecting a CV hull conspiracy? Please don´t tell me that was meant in earnest. [8|]

Also you chose a weird time to complain. You only got a couple of days to go until it gets better. My sink (not hit) rate with MK14s is probably one ship
every 2-3 days in late ´43, for about a year already, and I don´t consider myself the best silent service player.

Besides damageing fleet CVs 3-4 times, we sank a CVL, a CVE and a BB with sub launched torps.
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

[...]In my opinion this part of the game is deficient.....Right now subs being trained up...commander/leaders with decent rating and its still awaste...then torps that only seem to work against less important. Game is now in Mid Dec 42.[...]

You are suspecting a CV hull conspiracy? Please don´t tell me that was meant in earnest. [8|]

Maybe I should tell him that in my PBEM game allies have torpedoed CV Hiyo 3 times now. That ship have spent more time in repair yard than actually sailing with rest of the KB. Once she took 3 torpedo hits, and saving that ships was a miracle.

At the moment Zuikaku is also in repair yard, because of sub's torpedo.

So [>:] and [8|] are probably right... [:D]
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Sounds like bad luck. I've been playing the RA 4.6 mod as the Allies and I sunk 2 of their CVL's and got 3 hits on Zuikaku whilst they were busy supporting their forces invading the DEI
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
1275psi

Post by 1275psi »

I think you need to read my AAR, its Oct 43...........and how many CVs have I had hit and damaged now as Japan.........too bloody many (4, or is it 5 now[8|])
cantona's SS fleet is literally terrorising me........... I cant go anywhere with out being spotted, hunted, attacked, harrassed.
Half the merchant fleet is gone.............
If you get into 43 or later, believe me, SS are lethal.
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: 1275psi

I think you need to read my AAR, its Oct 43...........and how many CVs have I had hit and damaged now as Japan.........too bloody many (4, or is it 5 now[8|])
cantona's SS fleet is literally terrorising me........... I cant go anywhere with out being spotted, hunted, attacked, harrassed.
Half the merchant fleet is gone.............
If you get into 43 or later, believe me, SS are lethal.

Q-Ball is doing the same with me in Jan 42...at least 30 merchants have already been hit and sunk by his subs (and, most of them by those with duds torps!), plus 1 AO, 1 AMC, 2 DDs, several PBs and one DMS!!!!!
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

They are all Jap apologists.

The Dutch, who don't have the US dud rate to contend with, almost invariably expeience their few duds against combatants, not against merchants.

If it's a Dutch dud you can bet it hit a destroyer or a cruiser.

That's not to say that the Dutch don't get exploding hits against combatants as I have sunk plenty of CVEs and CVLs with them, it's just that their duds almost never seem to happen against anything BUT a combatant ship.

Why exactly is that?

It's because a only a few, even if it seems like many, iterations will almost always give skewed results and we like to read some mysterious intent into them to satisfy our need to understand why.

None of that changes the fact that they are all Jap apologists......[:'(] [:D]
Hans

SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

I've torpedoed IJN CVs and had them torpedoed so it can happen. I think most can understand the frustaration from a potential easy kill not to happen one of my PBEM opponents told me he had a lot of dents to fix from sailing into a line of sub infested waters. [:)]

It will happen keep plugging away.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

I bet if somebody did a spread sheet it would clear this up, but like the OP, I can't tell you how many surface combatants I have hit with no explosion vs hits with explosions on auxiliary's in the first 1 year of the war. I am pretty sure its just a perception but it sometimes seems like a dark conspiracy.[;)]
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

NO, I am not saying there is a CV Hull conspiracy.....I am saying if and when my subs launch a torpedo and it exsplodes it usually against a lesser target...that is all nothing more nothing less. But 99% of the time if a Japanese CV pop's into the picture and sub launches the torpedo will not fire. I know the answer before I see played out. I no what I see, and I KNOW what happens into 43' and 44'.

Also you chose a weird time to complain. You only got a couple of days to go until it gets better. My sink (not hit) rate with MK14s is probably one ship
every 2-3 days in late ´43, for about a year already, and I don´t consider myself the best silent service player.

Besides damageing fleet CVs 3-4 times, we sank a CVL, a CVE and a BB with sub launched torps.

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Ok, maybe I should tell you in my last 3 or 4 pbem only ONE torpedo worked against 8-9 sighting(CV) and zero against 3 sighting in my current pbem.[>:]
ORIGINAL: Puhis

Maybe I should tell him that in my PBEM game allies have torpedoed CV Hiyo 3 times now. That ship have spent more time in repair yard than actually sailing with rest of the KB. Once she took 3 torpedo hits, and saving that ships was a miracle.

At the moment Zuikaku is also in repair yard, because of sub's torpedo.

So [>:] and [8|] are probably right... [:D]

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Thanks Moonraker, that's probley all it is....but game after game I feel like I am butting my head against a wall.[;)]
ORIGINAL: moonraker

Sounds like bad luck. I've been playing the RA 4.6 mod as the Allies and I sunk 2 of their CVL's and got 3 hits on Zuikaku whilst they were busy supporting their forces invading the DEI

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”