Some hq questions

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Isokron

Some hq questions

Post by Isokron »

I have a few things I'm not clear on regarding hqs

1: Is there any bonus for having army hqs close to their corps hqs other than if the corps hq gets involved in direct combat (which it shouldn't)?

2: Is there anything stopping one from "hq jumping" with a corps hq to several army hqs in one turn and have several action cards played on it at once ?

3: Does air units get bonuses from being close to their hqs so that one should try to place the army hqs to cover as many airfields as possible ?
Vic

RE: Some hq questions

Post by Vic »

Hi Isokron,

1) no. (optionaly using rulevar887 they would play a role in supply routing)

2) yes it cost the army commands points if you reassign a corps HQ to it. I however see your point. I think this will still have to receive further finetuning in the next patch. (optionaly using rulevar 897 in the editor you can cause HQs to lose ability to play actioncards after a HQ change)

3) no, airunits do not get any bonusses from their HQ actually.

hope this helps.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Vic, can you change that in a near future?
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper

Vic, can you change that in a near future?

No its intentional.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Oh, beh...in this case may I ask the design decision? [:)]
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
balto

Post by balto »

I did not know that HQs do not work for AIR.

If you go into the DETAILS of the Air units, it informs you of the HQ Power. So in a perfect world, it should not indicate HQ Power on Air units because it has no effect.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”